2300 gallon fish room work in progress.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
The drains nice as I dont have to run the hose to far but the taps the best part ! no more 20M hose to get 3m reach in the room
Yeah, I love plumbing! The more you do now the happier you will be later. My stuff is almost maintenance free. The drain for me was the hardest part. I'm so glad I installed it before setting up the tanks. Your going to love the fish room more if your water changing is just opening a few valves. No buckets or hoses and so on :)

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
Yeah, I love plumbing! The more you do now the happier you will be later. My stuff is almost maintenance free. The drain for me was the hardest part. I'm so glad I installed it before setting up the tanks. Your going to love the fish room more if your water changing is just opening a few valves. No buckets or hoses and so on :)
sounds sweet! I believe yours is also pretty much auto change?

at the moment its pretty easy but should only take 1-2 hours now with the new tap and drain right out front. i use a big sheet of glass to hold the hose down why it fills and a 5M hose to drain. one I get the 6x2x2s on a sump system should be very easy!

Right now I just have to get this room insulated! hoping I can install the roller door back on to cover the hole up. Putting it back to front then a curtain in front. its hard to figure out how it will work but it should work :S only down side is it steel so it may rust :confused: When this is all done I am taking a holiday lol.

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
Finished the roof and doors, temps holding great! getting my last tier soon 8x2x2 3 tier or 8x2.5x2 and 1 8x2.5x4 the steel guys are a bit unsure how to build such a strong tier lol.

also added 2 new babies to my room ;)

IMG-20120604-00158.jpg

IMG-20120604-00167.jpg

IMG-20120604-00168.jpg

planning on trying to do a lizard-turtle-jardini-mangrove jack- perch setup as a main display for the room its not looking easy but.

IMG-20120604-00158.jpg

IMG-20120604-00167.jpg

IMG-20120604-00168.jpg

Far2lively

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2012
London, England
WOW!!! how long does it take for you to do water changes on all those tanks!!! how do you have the time!!!

Love the snakes btw :)

Nice work mate!

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
WOW!!! how long does it take for you to do water changes on all those tanks!!! how do you have the time!!!

Love the snakes btw :)

Nice work mate!
Only takes 1-2 hours lol. the 4fts run off 2 sumps, I have 2 hoses so drain 2 at the same time and why refilling change the other tanks. Soon the 6fts will be off a sump also so less time there. If I do a thick clean, sumps canisters etc it takes about 5 hours but hey thats what weekends are for! I am up at 5-6 most days and in bed around 12 so I have lots of time but not enough at times.

Thanks, Loving them too. Cant wait for next year should be nice and large. ones and olive python and other is a diamond python. Olive can get too 14ft will be great to see when he gets there, hopefully I find a RTC so we can see who grows faster haha.

Far2lively

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2012
London, England
Only takes 1-2 hours lol. the 4fts run off 2 sumps, I have 2 hoses so drain 2 at the same time and why refilling change the other tanks. Soon the 6fts will be off a sump also so less time there. If I do a thick clean, sumps canisters etc it takes about 5 hours but hey thats what weekends are for! I am up at 5-6 most days and in bed around 12 so I have lots of time but not enough at times.

Thanks, Loving them too. Cant wait for next year should be nice and large. ones and olive python and other is a diamond python. Olive can get too 14ft will be great to see when he gets there, hopefully I find a RTC so we can see who grows faster haha.
Not too bad then i like how you have worked it out as you are taking the water out of one refilling another etc, fair play!!

i only have 3 tanks and they take a while to clean etc when i do them all then again im a clean freak so i dont mess around

any pics of the arowana you have or dont you have it any more??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store