300 gallon SA/CE community build thread!!

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Nice to see you were quenching your thirst on a hot day. This "buds" for YOU :cheers:
I wondered how long it would take for someone to spot the beer lol. About 97 today in o-town. Ridiculous

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
what's going in this beast?
Alot actually. Dont have any more pics yet but I basically plumbed the whole thing in the garage today. Cut and measured everything with the sump in position. Did a dry run and made adjustments as I went along. Returns, drains and emergency drains. Valves and standpipes. Basically once the tank is in position, it'll take all of about 30 minutes to hit everything with glue and wait......

If I can convince my "help"(aka friends who don't yet know they ar going to move a large tank!!) to come over thursday sometime, there's no reason I won't have water in it on Friday and maybe fish this weekend sometime. Bio is cycled already, wood all sinks and most heavy leeching is over.....300 pounds of pfs awaits

I'm ready to roll!! And from the sound of it upstairs, so are the fish....Lol

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Electrician showed up early... Nice! Instead of running a line to the tank, we are going to isolate the living room from the existing circuit instead. There's no access for a new line since it's on the ground floor of a two story, on a slab. We have to cut the walls so much they'd be here for a week. Instead, the tank can have that circuit. The living room will get a new one running down the outside wall of the house. Move an outlet and that's it. Should be pretty straightforward.

Plumbing is done. Otherthan cutting the supply returns that go through the overflow, it's done. Probably mount the light for the sump and run-through the electrical the rest of the day. Might see if I can get it hooked into the computer today too....

Ahh, the last corner(lifting buddy) just called back. He's a go. Hopefully it'll happen tomorrow...

Getting excited again!

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
P1030721.JPGP1030724.JPGHere's some pics of my silver dollars, bio and wood. About 3 months ago I bought a bunch of laundry bags and 16 L of pond Matrix. I put the bags in a tub with two large airstones and threw an algea wafer in about every three days. A month later I put them in this 55 gallon can, with the airstones, some wood and 6 silver dollars(3"). I put an xp2 that Ill be using to run an external reactor on there too. A little more bio and water movement. Seeing nothing but nitrates.....

Wonder if I should even bother with Stabilty? Was going to use it, but I had lots of time to kill while waiting for the tank, which is ironically what you need to build a biofilter.

Anyways....

P1030721.JPG

P1030724.JPG

jwalkerafc7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2011
North Carolina
its like a dream come true. following :)

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Wow, all those controllers and a new tank. Nice job spwending the money on new quality gear/tank. Nicely done John.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store