300 marble tank

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
its always nice to see any marbles.

there still seems to be so much mystery around them though.

you have people saying that they will only look nice if the parents look nice (ive seen evidence to prove otherwise)
you have people saying that they will look nice if you put them on light substrate (ive seen evidence to prove otherwise)
everyone says marbles change as they grow regardless of substrate.
everyone says pearls change as they grow and you cant predict how they will turn out regardless of parentage and whilst pearls are quite similar to marbles in my opinion, ive not yet seen substrate mentioned once regarding the overall look of the adult.

i keep mine on dark substrate and ive raised one of my own pups (stumpy) along with a pup of similar age form a well known uk breeder and kept both in the same tanks as they grew. the result was that they both looked totally different. (pics are on a thread somewhere if it helps).

i still have stumpy and she looks good however i got rid of the pup from the well known uk breeder becaust whilst itl looked good it just wasnt doing it for me.

pics are here : http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?562695-stumpy-and-her-friend

it seems that we still have lots to learn about marbles but thats ok. its why we love them ;-)

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Marble female has changed a bit and is looking good.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store