55 tang setup

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I have always wanted a tank with julies, N. pulcher and N. leleupi.
Not sure how they would fare together.
And maybe a clavus for fry control.
That does sound cool. For short time I had a 90 with groups of julies, caudopunks and similis. Unfortunately when I moved out of state I had to sell everything

Reactions: cockroach

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I just ordered 10 1” juvie Callochromis melanostigma. I was gonna order more but I think 10 should get me 1 male and few females. I also ordered 1 synodontis because I feel every rift tank needs at least one lol
Thanks again for all the input guys.

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
I think the Syno and the callochromis will both want the bottom. Which Syno did you get, many of them like to be in groups of 5 or at least 3.

Reactions: Milingu

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I think the Syno and the callochromis will both want the bottom. Which Syno did you get, many of them like to be in groups of 5 or at least 3.
It’s a hybrid called a jaguar, I believe it’s a cross between decorus/multipunctatus.I know multi like to be in groups but decorus are solo, so…🤷‍♂️It’s not a big deal if it doesn’t work, I can throw it in my Malawi tank if need be. But I think the callochromis are going to keep to open areas and the syno will keep to the rocks and that will reverse at night.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I just finished the setup, fish should arrive Friday. It’s still a little cloudy but I’m sure that will be gone soon. We’ll see if the fish cooperate, but the plan is for there to be a territory on either side of the rock pile in the center and possibly have two males and the females to be able to take refuge in the piles on the ends. I doubt they’ll cooperate, but will see, if not I’ll remove all males but one

IMG_2600.jpeg

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Well, they arrived today, but unfortunately they were supposed to arrive this past Friday, so 4 arrived dead as well as the synodontis. The remaining 6 are doing well and the dead ones are being replaced, so that’s good at least

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
Because synos can live so long, I always feel even worse when one dies before his time.😥

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store