770 Gallon Monster Setup

Rayne

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2010
Your tank is looking great! Is that a pink tailed chalceus in there? Your SD's are getting HUGE. Also, do you have a link to the feeding ring you have?

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Your tank is looking great! Is that a pink tailed chalceus in there? Your SD's are getting HUGE. Also, do you have a link to the feeding ring you have?
Thanks Rayne. Yeah, it's a pink tailed chalceus. He and the SD's have blown up over the past few months. I'm surprised how slowly the Oscar is growing...he's the slowest growing O I've ever had.

I made the feeding ring from drip irrigation tubing and some barbed T fittings. I initially used some clear tubing, but I think the black irrigation tubing is less of an eyesore. Tip: the irrigation tubing will kink up if you try to make a small (tight radius) ring. If you are looking to make a smaller "ring", just get 90 degree elbows instead of T fittings and make a square or rectangle. They are easy to make and will probably be cheaper than buying one from a LFS.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Its amazing how your tank makes even reasonably sized fish look so small... would be sick to have that thing semi / fully planted with the same stock... it would be like having a window to your very own mini river-system in your house...

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
That is badass!!!
Thanks Streamline.

Its amazing how your tank makes even reasonably sized fish look so small... would be sick to have that thing semi / fully planted with the same stock... it would be like having a window to your very own mini river-system in your house...
Your comment got me thinking...In regards to the tank making the fish look small, all this time I've been thinking that my Oscar was such a slow grower (the slowest I've ever owned), but I think it's just that my older O's looked larger because they were in smaller tanks.

I would love to fully plant the tank (someday I'll do it), but I would have to upgrade my lighting and get rid of my Barbs and the Widebar SDs. I noticed the other day that the widebars have been grazing on a fake grass plant I have in there so they would totally destroy real plants. But I definitely like your thinking...someday I'll try to recreate an underwater forest and try to replicate something like those amazing Amano tanks.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ It would be absolutely sick if you did one day convert that tank over...

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Looking great as always, love the mix of fish great variety and they all look so good

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
Everytime I see that tank makes want to upgrade to a deeper tank. Looking for atleast 30" deep :D. Did you make that feeding ring? Looking for something exactly like that because a lot of the food I feed my guys float into my overflows! Oh and love your clowns they must be about 8"+?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store