A new monster we all need to be aware of!

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
All right, stupid question, but if a bill liked this passed banning all non-native animals, wouldn't PetsMart and Petco be out of business outside of cats and dogs?

Yeah and tons of other places, almost every store sells some ''exotic'' animal toy or supplies (Walmart, dollar store, mom and pops, etc)

Dem Oscars

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2012
Southern California
This deeply angers and frustrates me. :irked:

D.Pulcher

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nv
Animals are a billion + industry I doubt this will even be looked at
Yea those people have the money and the influence to "make this little piece of paper to go away"

majorhavok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2012
Left Coast
I'm usually the first one to jump on the anti-government regulation bandwagon. Although I doubt this is intended as a crack down on home aquarium importation, you just can't trust these clowns to get it right. Too much room for inintended harm on this one. Vote it all down!

flip4EvR45

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2013
U.S.A
Let's do what we did before, kick this thing in the ass and tell it this is too far.

Catfish Pownage 63

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2012
Arlington, WA
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr5864/text

In the link above you will find legislation that is in the works to stop all imports of all species of exotic pets and prevent them from crossing any state lines. Read carefully and you will see that the only fish you will be able to get if this law passes would be a lousy gold fish. This bill would be extremely damaging to all of us. Think of it as HR669 on steroids. Think of how difficult it would be to get something as basic as a lionfish in some states.

Remember the end game of any of these bills is to ban all non-domestic animal from your house.
i read the link and nearly put my fist though my computer monitor
i would hate to see this happen and if it does i think we'll all be moving to Malaysia

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store