Apr 21, 2008
Barrie Ontario Canada
Aww sorry about your fish its always a bummer . Pat

gunnerx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Canada
Thanks. Two of them seem to be starting to settle in. One is quite shy and runs off and hides behind the rocks when I show up. However, the other one was out today when I was feeding and was going for the food with the others. One is still hiding in a dark corner all by itself. I hope it decides to settle in soon.

For some reason all the other fishes seem to know these guys are a threat. I have never seen the dominant male Cyp go after any of the others before. However, when the other one ventures out fo the rocks, the Cyp would flare and swim from the other end of the tank to the Calvus and push it then go back. I don't think the Calvus cares too much as their scales are quite tough. I'm actually more worried about the other fishes damaging their mouths.

One thing I noticed last night though is that the Daffodil and Julis seem to get along. There was one Daffodil sleeping on a rock with a large Julie resting on it. I found it rather interesting and comical. :D These guys sure are an interesting bunch!

johnny_1993

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2007
Italy
Great work with the tank!!! unlucky with the calvus, i guess you have to lose a fish everyonce and a while :|. looking awesome !

er5reni

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2008
Cincinnati
VERY nice set-up, REALLY wish that I could get some 3M black sand! I 've been trying to find some for a long time.

gunnerx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Canada
I picked up a nice AZOO Triple PC 6ft light used at a great price. I had picked up some 12" cold cathode tubes meant for PC modding for my moon light. I was still contemplating on how to set it up but the new light was perfect for a retrofit. The end result is quite clean and I'm very happy with it. Here are the pics with it on.

NewETown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
Washington
HOT. Can you go into more detail on how you added the moon lighting please? I really want to do that on my tank but I'm not quite sure how.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store