Accidental Tang

gunnerx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Canada
It looks like the Cyp fry have absorbed their egg sacs and are now developing nicely. Mommy seems to be doing well, not too skinny and not that stressed out. I'm curious as to how the fry will be when she spits them out.

gunnerx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Canada
I got more pics of the fry inside.

The Calvus seem to be more used to the tank now and will even come close to me. So I guess that's a good sign!

One of the larger Julies came out too.

And now, updated pics of the Daffodil Fry! My have they ever grown!

Look how many there are now. There's smaller ones too, the smallest ones are on the sand.

They still have a long way to go to match the parents though.

Whatchu lookin at??

Supes13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Ohio
im thinking that when i come back to the states that i might have to dupliate your tank. i just need to find some M3 Black Sand. i always liked the looks of the comps and the julies. i had larger cichlids when my tank was set up before this deployment and i loved them. You have a stunning set up and great pictures. Keep up the good work.

NewETown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
Washington
I really have to ask, how in the world are you getting those shots? What camera and what settings? I'm going to go buy it haha...

gunnerx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Canada
Thanks for the great comments. The camera is an Olympus E3 DSLR with the 12-60mm f2.8-4 SWD lens. With the tank, I usually shoot at 1250-1600 ISO since I only use the tank lighting and nothing else. I really like the lens as it enables me to get really close to the subjects. Sometimes too close. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store