adding an apex controller just for fun.

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
i already have a 6ft 400w cf fixture. should get the job done for most corals except for sps corals.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Yea 400w of cf isnt much especially over 6ft, but we will have to see. I think honestly you can get away with more lighting wise than people think. Growth might be slow, but you can still do it.

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
I definitely could use more light but I already have the fixture. I only plan on a few lower light corals if any. Was planning a slightly aggressive tank with maybe a small angel, tangs, larger wrasse. Something like that. More of a fish only

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
FLESHY;4995630; said:
Means lighting is cheap...means its easy to work on.

Im all about the footprint.
12" tall though!??!?! That sounds like a great frag/grow out tank, but not a display. You wouldn't be able to see anything or do much rock wise.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
nonstophoops;4997380; said:
12" tall though!??!?! That sounds like a great frag/grow out tank, but not a display. You wouldn't be able to see anything or do much rock wise.
No, that is fine, you just need to put it in wall at face height...it would be awesome. You just get all rubble rock. Aquascaping would be much more customizable and unique than the large piles that most people have I think.

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
ive deceided to save the aqua controller for my 125 tank. i really dont need it on my nano even though i need to spend time and organize some wires.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store