Aug 26, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL

sidneymysnake

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Kevin8888;4333357; said:
I'd throw my 2cents in but canuck seems to be handling it nicely lol.
Well this just assures that he is pointing me in the right direction :) Not that I doubted that but still nice to know that you agree. Thanks so much.

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
sidneymysnake;4334448; said:
I love your tanks they are amazing - you are basically keeping what I want to keep eventually. Such beautiful sharks :) Thanks so much for all of your help. I really really appreciate it :)

you'll be on your way to having sharks soon! It sounds like you have a decent budget for this. Not that your going cheap on this but its very conservative. That way you can get the hang of this tank and then move straight to shark keeping. :headbang2

sidneymysnake

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
TheCanuck;4334468; said:
you'll be on your way to having sharks soon! It sounds like you have a decent budget for this. Not that your going cheap on this but its very conservative. That way you can get the hang of this tank and then move straight to shark keeping. :headbang2
No complaints here :) I can't wait. Now I have to think of a stock list for the 45g. Any suggestions? I want something other than a clown - everyone and their mother seems to have a clown lol

EastBay

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2010
SF East Bay
Canuck: I don't know what live rock sells in your neck of the woods, but here in the Bay Area, it runs $7-8/lb :O at the LFS.
Although I know it can be found cheaper on Craigslist.

Bazinga

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
toronto
buy some acrylic and build yourself a sump that will fit in your stand

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
EastBay;4334608; said:
Canuck: I don't know what live rock sells in your neck of the woods, but here in the Bay Area, it runs $7-8/lb :O at the LFS.
Although I know it can be found cheaper on Craigslist.
3$ per pound on the net. Even cheaper on sales
Bazinga;4334621; said:
buy some acrylic and build yourself a sump that will fit in your stand
She eventually plans on upgrading so i think this set up will be better. It will do more than filter the tank and be perfect for bio load. That way she can be conservative with cash for the next upgrade, that will be much larger in size. Not to mention the skimmer i suggested is overrated for her tank and will biologically filter the tank as well. So technically she wont even need the HOB and it will serve as mechanical to keep the water super crisp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store