Status
Not open for further replies.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thanks. That is PRECISELY what happened to UnstoppableJayD. I guess all or most of their fish they offer for sale are not in their possession. They are selling on hope and then, of course, life happens.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I buy only dry good from them so far. they have great price(lowest price I have ever seen, even lower than Dr Foster and Smith at some point)! Shipping is fast and even though the free shipping option for dry order over $49 say it is 7-10 day, it is actually more like 3-5 days as they ship them next day.
the only live fish I look at is the zebra pleco when they sent me an email about it, and it is sure really expensive since I can get them at half their price.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I am driving right past them today (going to see Disney on Ice with the kids) so I am going to try to stop in on the way home if the kids aren't passed-out. They used to be a "by-appoinment-only" business, but now they have their store open six days a week. Looking at their price list, nobody could possibly have all that in stock, the list is 56 pages long! The worst part is, there are no scientific names, so you never know what you might get in some cases....

UncleEasy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
United States
I am driving right past them today (going to see Disney on Ice with the kids) so I am going to try to stop in on the way home if the kids aren't passed-out. They used to be a "by-appoinment-only" business, but now they have their store open six days a week. Looking at their price list, nobody could possibly have all that in stock, the list is 56 pages long! The worst part is, there are no scientific names, so you never know what you might get in some cases....
That's so awesome. I knew I came to the right place.. :cool-1:

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I did manage to drop in today, it was interesting, to say the least.

It seems more like a wholesale or transshipping business than a pet store, but I kind of expected that. The owner was very friendly and took time to talk to me even though I wasn't buying.

The place was full of 80G tanks in tightly packed rows with a few big (200G+) tanks around the outside. About half the tanks were full, the owner (Dave) said that they fill up and empty as they get shipments and send them out after a week or so quarantine, which is what it looked like. They also had another space (maybe 1500 sf) that was being set up.

There were a few hundred discus in a few tanks, loads of angels, and plenty of assorted fish. They did have three 2'+ aros and a bunch of big Motoro rays, the kind of stuff I have never seen in that quantity in a LFS. They also had maybe twenty really nice Jardini, a couple-dozen RTC, and some monster-sized Clown Loaches.

Dry goods were dirt cheap, as cheap as any big online retailer. My 4-year-old son spotted the Spongebob ornaments and I ended up getting Squidward's house and a set of characters ($30 on Amazon) for $10.

The place was a bit disorganized and appeared to be a fairly busy one-man operation, so I could see how orders could get procrastinated, but overall it seemed pretty legit.

With the prices and selection I will definitely be back, I am pretty sure my son won't let me rest until we go back and get some fish! I am leaning towards a $35 Royal Clown Knife, although he is certain he needs to get a stingray....

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I did manage to drop in today, it was interesting, to say the least.

It seems more like a wholesale or transshipping business than a pet store, but I kind of expected that. The owner was very friendly and took time to talk to me even though I wasn't buying.

The place was full of 80G tanks in tightly packed rows with a few big (200G+) tanks around the outside. About half the tanks were full, the owner (Dave) said that they fill up and empty as they get shipments and send them out after a week or so quarantine, which is what it looked like. They also had another space (maybe 1500 sf) that was being set up.

There were a few hundred discus in a few tanks, loads of angels, and plenty of assorted fish. They did have three 2'+ aros and a bunch of big Motoro rays, the kind of stuff I have never seen in that quantity in a LFS. They also had maybe twenty really nice Jardini, a couple-dozen RTC, and some monster-sized Clown Loaches.

Dry goods were dirt cheap, as cheap as any big online retailer. My 4-year-old son spotted the Spongebob ornaments and I ended up getting Squidward's house and a set of characters ($30 on Amazon) for $10.

The place was a bit disorganized and appeared to be a fairly busy one-man operation, so I could see how orders could get procrastinated, but overall it seemed pretty legit.

With the prices and selection I will definitely be back, I am pretty sure my son won't let me rest until we go back and get some fish! I am leaning towards a $35 Royal Clown Knife, although he is certain he needs to get a stingray....
one man? he must be super man!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Dan did you happen to see any of those albino arowanas?

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
Dan did you happen to see any of those albino arowanas?
I didn't, but I asked about the Royal Clown Knives and he said that if I order by Thursday he can get them by Monday - this makes me think that a lot of what they have listed is probably something he would buy when people order it. I pretty much figured this, if they had everything on the stock list the store would need to be 100,000+ sf. He said that most of his stuff comes from Asia, for what it's worth....

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
one man? he must be super man!
His wife helps with the emails and he may have some help, but yeah, it seems to be pretty much his shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store