Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Spiritofthesoul;5150573; said:
AVA versus MFK Garmy

Who will win?

Either way, Alex if you need people protesting outside AVA, holding signs like Unban the Gars, I'm that guy.
Feel free to ask me, because if AVA have their ways with Gars, Polypterus are next. And they are gonna have the fight of their lives.

Don't they cane people that hold up signs? or for chewing gum :screwy:

elindra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Singapore
Dan F;5150963; said:
They're banned here, too... :irked:

That really sucks, hopefully they won't try to do anything about gars already in Singapore.
I doubt they will. They will hv problems rehoming them :ROFL:
I think it will be like Fly River Turtles. You can keep them but you can't sell them and if you want to give them up, you have to surrender them to AVA.

elindra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Singapore
peewee;5151052; said:
why are they banned i the first place?
Well they are afraid that some morons will release them into the local waters when they get too large for their tank and upset the eco-system. Then again they are talking about an eco-system already over-run by peacock bass and red eared sliders so seriously what further damage can there be.

My suspicion is that they have plans converting reservoirs and rivers for water sports and other water activities and are afraid that these fishes might pose to be a problem

Anyway, the other fish on the ban list with Gars are all African Tiger fish; basically large fish with a toothy grin.

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Egon;5150967; said:
Nope, I don't think its a crime to protest here since our country is known to be a "democratic" one.

elindra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Singapore
Egon;5150967; said:

You need to apply for a permit to protest. You won't get caned for it. Maybe just a fine and jail :ROFL:

As for chewing gum, it's not a crime to eat it. You just can't buy it off the shelves except for dental and nicotine gum :ROFL:

You get canned for vandalism, sex with a minor, armed robbery, rape and I don't know what else.

Ruii

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Singapore
well i asked a fish shop owner and he said that people that kept gars and when it grow too big they release it in lakes and other fresh water places.. and it's give those places problems...

Ruii

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Singapore
Well they are afraid that some morons will release them into the local waters when they get too large for their tank and upset the eco-system. Then again they are talking about an eco-system already over-run by peacock bass and red eared sliders so seriously what further damage can there be.

My suspicion is that they have plans converting reservoirs and rivers for water sports and other water activities and are afraid that these fishes might pose to be a problem
He is right! i asked a fish shop owner and that is what he says too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store