All gars banned in Singapore.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
man that sucks! please keep us posted on further details as they are released. i would imagine it is the escapes/ecosystem alteration issue as the primary reason for the ban - although they have released gator gars in other places in Asia for sport. either way, that is much of the reason they are banned on the west coast in the US.

hopefully (and i would imagine this is the case) you guys will all be fine keeping the gars already in the country. i really hope this gets overturned for you guys!!!--
--solomon

Poloboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Belgium
hopefully they won't try to do anything about gars already in Singapore

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
elindra;5151081; said:
Well they are afraid that some morons will release them into the local waters when they get too large for their tank and upset the eco-system. Then again they are talking about an eco-system already over-run by peacock bass and red eared sliders so seriously what further damage can there be.

My suspicion is that they have plans converting reservoirs and rivers for water sports and other water activities and are afraid that these fishes might pose to be a problem

Anyway, the other fish on the ban list with Gars are all African Tiger fish; basically large fish with a toothy grin.
wow! also GATF??!! that sucks.... hope they change their minds

Yellow_Perch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Michigan
Spiritofthesoul;5150573; said:
AVA versus MFK Garmy

Who will win?

Either way, Alex if you need people protesting outside AVA, holding signs like Unban the Gars, I'm that guy.
Feel free to ask me, because if AVA have their ways with Gars, Polypterus are next. And they are gonna have the fight of their lives.
AVA will win...but sucks for you guys soz

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
What very lousy news. Man that is just horrible.

lungfishlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2010
UK
thats not good news - i can imagine there will be all sorts of repercussions. for instance what will you do if your gars breed? or what will happen if you want to sell one of your gar or trade with a friend? will you be arrested if you are caught transporting it?

i can see a black market in gars happening should this ban come into effect........

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store