All things Star Wars

johnny potatoes

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
Dewey
Even though I was okay with the way that Kylo looks without his mask I think they could have waited and carried the mystique to the next film before revealing him...He looks like Gene Simmons.
Actually I thought he looks like Gene's son Nick.

Surely Obi Wan is way too old to be Reys father?
Maybe not to old to be her father but if he was she would be older by now.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Actually I thought he looks like Gene's son Nick..
Agreed.
I read that George Lucas has been trashing the movie and Disney.He said that he felt as if he's sold his story and company into "white slavery"....sounds like sour grapes for them not wanting to use his ideas for the next set of films.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Agreed.
I read that George Lucas has been trashing the movie and Disney.He said that he felt as if he's sold his story and company into "white slavery"....sounds like sour grapes for them not wanting to use his ideas for the next set of films.
What does the term white slavery mean?

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Spoilers below.

Going to bring up two interesting theories; the first is about Rey's Parenting and the second is about Snoke.

The first came from an article I read claiming that Obi-Wan could be Rey's father. It was an interesting theory but to me seemed less likely than Luke being her father. The theory was that in the gray area between III and IV Obi-Wan had a girlfriend on Tatooine (this actually happened in an Expanded Universe book), and they had Rey but the mother, was forced to abandon her on Jakku. Seems far fetched nut equally interesting. I have also read some that make Han the father, of course making Kylo and Rey siblings.

As for Snoke, I just want to add that his theme music in The Force Awakens, and the music playing when Palpy is talking about him in Revenge of the Sith, are nearly identical and might actually be the same song... I'm not sure.

Here is my source:

The issue I have with that music being the same is that is the main hall for the Senate where a performance is taking place. Spoke is being broadcast from somewhere as a hologram and that is a plausible place for him to be. I agree with the theory as I posted above but it seems a bit predictable. Possibly a slight of hand move.

TankDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Third rock from the sun
The issue I have with that music being the same is that is the main hall for the Senate where a performance is taking place. Spoke is being broadcast from somewhere as a hologram and that is a plausible place for him to be. I agree with the theory as I posted above but it seems a bit predictable. Possibly a slight of hand move.
I agree with what you said, but I also want to point out that Star Wars has used music to point to allude to future themes before. I'm not sure, but I think the music they used for palpatine in Phantom and Clones was the same victory music used by the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi. I could be wrong.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I finally saw it. While it was ok, it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. All that hype last year seemed wasted.

Another Death Star/cannon to destroy...for the third time.

The best part was passing the torch to a younger generation.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I finally saw it. While it was ok, it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. All that hype last year seemed wasted.

Another Death Star/cannon to destroy...for the third time.

The best part was passing the torch to a younger generation.
I saw a trailer for the next film to be released and there is yet another Death Star that will probably be easily destroyed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store