Anemone is full stocked reef aquarium?

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Carpet anemones don't move around much. I've had 2 different kinds, neither moved from the spots I planted them in. The clowns immediately made it their home as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
And they never moved? Did you put them on the sand or rock?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
Not once. The only movement was down.

I put them on a shell during acclimation and moved the shell to the sand. They burrowed into the sand and stayed.

Now keep in mind, that's a trait of some carpets. Other anemones move around. I had a bubble tip that never planted.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Not once. The only movement was down.

I put them on a shell during acclimation and moved the shell to the sand. They burrowed into the sand and stayed.

Now keep in mind, that's a trait of some carpets. Other anemones move around. I had a bubble tip that never planted.

I check on liveaquaria.com and they say that the level of difficulty is difficult and expert only for different types. Why is that? Do you find them hard to keep for some reason?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
No, not at all. I've had 2 and they were incredibly easy. The clowns fed them and all was well.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Carpet anemones don't move around much. I've had 2 different kinds, neither moved from the spots I planted them in. The clowns immediately made it their home as well.

A lot of carpet anemones require a lot of light though except for the maxi minis.
To the op, I would say that your best bet is to get a frag rack like you said and put the anemone somewhere on the rocks. It'll then move around the rocks until it finds a place its happy with. After it finds a place, don't put the corals back for about a month and if it still doesn't move, start placing the corals. Just don't put them by the anemone cuz if any of them open big, they may block the flow or light that the anemone likes and start moving around again.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
How much light would you say is necessary? I have the Kessil a150w running on my tank and my tank is only about 16" deep.

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
Mine were fine with medium lighting. I had a Mertens white carpet and a super rainbow. I got them from ibluewater.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
How much light would you say is necessary? I have the Kessil a150w running on my tank and my tank is only about 16" deep.
That should be more than adequate enough for any anemone.

Mine were fine with medium lighting. I had a Mertens white carpet and a super rainbow. I got them from ibluewater.

You must have pretty good water quality or a shallow tank then cuz all the ones I've seen under medium or low light end up dying and from what I've read, almost all carpets are from shallow waters and need high light. I would love to keep a full size carpet but all the ones I like are the crazy expensive and rare ones

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
a maxi mini is a type of carpet nem, right? Ive found one for a good price at my LFS im interested in

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store