Anybody ever eat a fish commonly kept in aquaria?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Snakehead and Tailipa are both quite commonly eaten over here...

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Looks better swimming in a monster tank in my opinion :p

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
+1 I agree. I would definitely prefer to have it in my tank then on my plate.

***75 Gallon*** 1 Flowerhorn ***60 Gallon*** 2 Angelfish, 1 African Rope Fish, 1 Musk Turtle, 1 Knight Goby, 1 Rainbow Goby, 4 Glo Fish,1 Columbian Spotted Pleco and 4 Giant Danios ***

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I eat tilapia but I have never kept tilapia. I'm sure if I ever keep it I would no longer be able to eat it.

***75 Gallon*** 1 Flowerhorn ***60 Gallon*** 2 Angelfish, 1 African Rope Fish, 1 Musk Turtle, 1 Knight Goby, 1 Rainbow Goby, 4 Glo Fish,1 Columbian Spotted Pleco and 4 Giant Danios ***

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I have eaten plenty of my fish, if injured, or some thing untreatable like a nasty eye or swim bladder infection, in the pot they go.
And I have have spent time in Central America where cichlids like Parachromis and Vieja are considered an every day part of dining. And of course Tilapia, that are African cichlids

and a cople pics from Panama a few months ago

IMO it might not be healthy to eat a sick fish. It's wrong to eat a fish that I once kept as a pet. That's like eating the dog once it dies. Once again IMO

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
IMO it might not be healthy to eat a sick fish. It's wrong to eat a fish that I once kept as a pet. That's like eating the dog once it dies. Once again IMO

Very high temparature when cooking fish destroy every bacteria :D

mattyice572

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2015
New Jersey
I drank a betta for a bet, then i remembered i hadnt changed the water in a while. Made me feel queezy. I wouldnt reccomend eating fish from aquariums just because the chemical factor. Especially if the fish died and you were dosing medications. Also think of it this way, youre eating a fish that died in your aquarium, would you eat a dead chicken you found? Also Certain fish in the trade can be deadly if not prepared correctly such as puffers with toxic skin or morray eels with club venom in thier skin. id advise against it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store