Anyone ever get sick from their fish??

krustyart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
The odds are already in the millions to one. Use a UV sterilizer and don't skip water changes and you will decrease the odds to hundreds of millions or even billions to one. Don't panic.

p.s. Your girlfriend and/or wife is already sick(and tired) of your fishtank!

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Million to one aint to bad odds for all of us on this forum lol...unfourtunatly i have a white bump in the tip of my thumb...this is some luck.... anybody got pics of what were looking for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Apparently mycrobacterium marinum effects 160 people in the u.s. every year...pretty good odds indeed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
I have mild eczema on my hands that is aggravated by being wet in general. happens when i work too much on the tanks, or pond, or work in the rain, or wash too much. Bug bites on my hands turn into huge blisters because of it but I've never used bloodworms so don't know if that would cause any problems or me. Otherwise never had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
I have to adamit i was a little worried about doing a huge water change in my saltater. Not beacause of this but beacause I took all the live rock and corals out into a 10 gallon temporaraly when I did a huge water change and I know thast some corals relese deadly posians when stressed and I stressed tham a little. I have never cleaned under the live rock in a while so i think my corals didn't mind it too much beacause the good water quality made them happy and they had much cleaner water so that made a bigger diffrence than stress? All fish corals and anenamone are doing good know...

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
If your tanks are clean i wouldn't worry... anyway out of all the peaople that keep tanks 1 pearson got it.. that includes betta boles, even tought we have more tanks than avrage aquarits we take good care of them and there is about an equl chance of that happening to us or a fish newb..,. Fish newbs have dirty tanks but less tanks but we have much more tanks but cleaner tanks so out of all the peaople who have tanks only a few people have had infections like this...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store