Asian or jardini?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
The bad thing is you have no paperwork so you will never know what it is

Banjar have a dull body with no shine they have a faint tint of orange yellow on the tail dorsal anal fin and sometimes on the barbels

A green is more metallic some time clear fins with a light or dark green tint

In my eyes the banjar maybe a bit more expensive but a green is a much better look type of fish

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
But yellow tail and typical looking banja red are classified as the same fish due to being different colour morphs from the same area, although they look very different. Thats how i understand it from my research.
Besides the fact i have no proof to me its blatantly a yellow tail.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
But yellow tail and typical looking banja red are classified as the same fish due to being different colour morphs from the same area, although they look very different. Thats how i understand it from my research.
Besides the fact i have no proof to me its blatantly a yellow tail.

Chilli red and blood red look different but are still both classed as super red

A banjar or yellow tall are just names given by different breeders
As with gold they can be called many names like 24k blue base gold head or basically what ever a farm wants to name it

A banjar 1.5 red and yellow tails are all a mix of a green aro and a low grade red

If you ever see a article 10 which is a yellow sheet of paper cities issue you will see
All gold aro are classed as just gold aro on the paper not 24k gold head blue base
All red are classed as red Arowana no matter if it's a banjar 1.5 or chilli super red they are all just classed as red aro
A green would be called a green

If you had the paper work you would know what the fish is

If you want to know for sure what it is get a micro chip reader scan the fish and run the number throw the data base

Because a banjar is a mix between a red and a green then sometimes they look like a green

You will drive yourself made trying to workout what it is and you will get confused by people telling you different things

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
i thought this, hmmm whezre would i get a micro chip reader... not that fussed tho tbh, im happy. is there any way to sex them?
thanks for your help tk.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
i thought this, hmmm whezre would i get a micro chip reader... not that fussed tho tbh, im happy. is there any way to sex them?
thanks for your help tk.
To young to sex it now

When they get to adult size which can be 5-7 years old you can get aides of what he or she maybe but no sure thing

Micro chip readers are fairly cheap £35-30 if you know a vet you maybe able to loan one they are the same as the ones the farms use but theirs are water proof
Lend one off a vet put it in a fish bag seal it up put it in the water and scan and it will beep they don't work as well throw tank glass

It wouldn't bother me what type it is I know it's always nice to know what you own but in this case who cares it's a nice aro at a good price

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
This is for sale in my local classifieds here in the uk as a jardini? Looks asian to my un trained eye?

its a asian and a banjar from what i can tell. you should get it :thumbsup:

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Nice score! It could be 1.5, crossbreed between green and rtg or green and red

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store