Attn MMA Fans - UFC 151 Cancelled because Hendo is injured

BrandonJ3vino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2012
Salinas
You also have to consider that jones has been training for a while to fight Henderson and sonnet is a completely different style of fighting and 8 days is not enough to prepare for either one of them, but at the same time, I was also bumbed out after hearing that a whole card was canceled because jones wouldn't take a fight against someone in a lower weight division

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
You also have to consider that jones has been training for a while to fight Henderson and sonnet is a completely different style of fighting and 8 days is not enough to prepare for either one of them, but at the same time, I was also bumbed out after hearing that a whole card was canceled because jones wouldn't take a fight against someone in a lower weight division

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
i agree but at the same time, they are professional mma fighters. this type of things happen all the time. fighters are always pulling out due to injury and fighters are always jumping in on last minute notice. the problem is the card is weak to begin with and the main draw is the main event. scratch that and you don't have a worthy ppv card which is why i can see why they chose sonnen to replace dan. he talks a ton of trash, he's been in the public eye and has made himself known now. he made the #1 p4p champ look human even though he came up short. so in the end, sure, you've been training for one guy in the last 7 weeks, but greatness and great champs are made of rising to the occasion during incidents like this

so bottom line for me, jones should take the fight. when i went to see a fight in vegas, i mean, i had to request vacation and all that, and your work place schedules around that to compensate your absence. well, there are many many many people who have already made plans and you just killed it

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Not to mention all the other fights that were scheduled...
totally. like i said, the event is bigger than you. not only has others been training for 8 weeks, but they have to pay their whole fight camp for the time helping them train. i can see if bones was a champ like forrest back then, where any challenger is a true threat to your title, but someone like bones? chael has to be at least a 4-1 underdog. no way does he beat jones. he can probably fight dan and chael and beat them in a ladder match

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store