Australian Fishing

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
Mate your game letting that bullrout sit on your hand, sting the same no matter what size. Mono's convert to fresh easy I cant beleive LFS sells em for $25.

Danzig86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
aussiemonsters;3818446; said:
Mate your game letting that bullrout sit on your hand, sting the same no matter what size. Mono's convert to fresh easy I cant beleive LFS sells em for $25.
I might eventually convert those bad boys over to FW can mono's go with an oscar do you know???

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
This is my PB Yellow finned Bream. Acanthopagrus australis 49 cm released, one of the most common fish on the east coast of Australia. Found from freshwater to ocean, 40 cm+ is a trophy fish 45 cm+ very rare. It was caught in a freshwater oxbow lake on a 2inch Gulp worm, G Loomis 8200s dropshot, Daiwa Airity 2000.

Big backwater bream in kayak photo  S. Dumma..JPG

yellow fin bream 50.JPG

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
Danzig86;3818292; said:
I dont know if this counts but this is all i got the last time i went fishing but i was overjoyed to find out that theres Bullrout locally!!!!:headbang2:D:headbang2:D

Great pics what are those 2 tiny fish in bottom pics?

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
aussiemonsters;3818458; said:
This is my PB Yellow finned Bream. Acanthopagrus australis 49 cm released, one of the most common fish on the east coast of Australia. Found from freshwater to ocean, 40 cm+ is a trophy fish 45 cm+ very rare. It was caught in a freshwater oxbow lake on a 2inch Gulp worm, G Loomis 8200s dropshot, Daiwa Airity 2000.

Nice. How far out do you go out in your Kayak?

Danzig86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
aussiemonsters;3818458; said:
What state are you from, mate???

Louie;3823070; said:
Great pics what are those 2 tiny fish in bottom pics?
Cheers these are Bullrouts FW/SW scorpionfish, i have been after them for a year and a half and then i found them wild about 40mins from my house. Yoot!!!

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
Louie dont go too far out mainly rivers/dams/bay sometimes a couple of miles in the bay.
Danzig I am in Brisbane.

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
Danzig86;3825877; said:
What state are you from, mate???

Cheers these are Bullrouts FW/SW scorpionfish, i have been after them for a year and a half and then i found them wild about 40mins from my house. Yoot!!!

Okay thanks real nice looking . Have never seen them. Monos I have seen in pure freshwater (pet store display) but high PH . African cichlid type tanks.

They werent as nice as one in your pic as colors bit faded and not old fish either so who knows if it was due to not being brackish water or not being outside

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
aussiemonsters;3827088; said:
Louie dont go too far out mainly rivers/dams/bay sometimes a couple of miles in the bay.
Danzig I am in Brisbane.

okay thanks I asked due to the bull sharks you mentioned lol. Its a nice Kayak . I like them but just to nervous to fish in one.

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
The Bullsharks are a bit scary but they only want the fish on your line .Never had one show interest in the kayak. Are the Gators a problem when fishing from a kayak ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store