Australian Fishing

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Holy ****, gators and bullsharks, that's serious fishing. You guys should consider packing pistols in those kayaks. Awesome thread, great pics, very interesting. Nice to see what you guys are catching, good luck and stay safe.

Danzig86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Hahaha aussiemonster have you had a bullie head butt your kayak, i've heard the testosterone makes them head butt stuff as apposed to swim around. On Australia day we went swimming in a man made channel, here. When i got home that night someone pointed out that there's been 3 metre bullies cruising around. lol after seeing that guy lose his calf muscle to one (while in the process of telling us how they're not that ferocious) id rather swim with a white pointer!!!

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
No mate never had one headbut the kayak but people have told me it has happened to them. Had one take a Bream when I had the leader in one hand and was about to comfort lift it with the other scared the **** out of me.

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
This pic is of my favorite Aussie freshwater fish Sceropages leichardti they are found in only one river system in Queensland but have been stocked in many dams in south east Queensland. Famous for there acrobatics and love of topwater lures they grow to over 3 feet and are a fantastic sportfish. I caught and released this one at dawn on Australia Day january 26 a great start to our national holiday. Caught on a Tiemco TTP topwater, G Loomis TSR 862-2, Daiwa Steez 2500 spin outfit.

P1260361.JPG

Reactions: Siddons11

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
aussiemonsters;3829593; said:
This pic is of my favorite Aussie freshwater fish Sceropages leichardti they are found in only one river system in Queensland but have been stocked in many dams in south east Queensland. Famous for there acrobatics and love of topwater lures they grow to over 3 feet and are a fantastic sportfish. I caught and released this one at dawn on Australia Day january 26 a great start to our national holiday. Caught on a Tiemco TTP topwater, G Loomis TSR 862-2, Daiwa Steez 2500 spin outfit.
Freakin awesome:headbang2

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida

Great looking fish. Reminds me a bit of the Amazon arowana

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
aussiemonsters;3829566; said:
No mate never had one headbut the kayak but people have told me it has happened to them. Had one take a Bream when I had the leader in one hand and was about to comfort lift it with the other scared the **** out of me.

Lol thats why I have never fished in a Kayak . Love the Kayaks but to afraid wish I wasnt as lots water canals,etc in area and would be great for fishing and sightseeing but don't have the nerve lol.

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
aussiemonsters;3827845; said:
The Bullsharks are a bit scary but they only want the fish on your line .Never had one show interest in the kayak. Are the Gators a problem when fishing from a kayak ?

Lots use Kayaks here for fun in lakes,etc . In areas where as a whole no gator sightings.

I have never seen anyone in a Kayak only boats and airboats where the big gators are by the Glades .

Bull sharks here are the shark everyone speaks of but rare to hear of a full fledge attack in last couple yrs.

There are bites here and there mostly fishermen/swimmers but they dont get much media unless real attack.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...=Miami-Dade-man-bitten-by-shark-while-fishing

408smokin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
At home
Awesome catch!! that arowana looks freaking nice man!!

Danzig86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I ve always wondered what sort of fight togas and jars put up, tuff fish im guessing!!!lol
This was todays effort, would still be there if it werent for the farking mozzies that come off the hunter river............
Nuffin special AGAIN, but was still a nice saturday none the less!!!

P300110_20.11.JPG

P300110_18.49[01].JPG

P300110_18.24[01].JPG

P300110_18.49[02].JPG

P300110_19.05.JPG

P300110_19.05[01].JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store