Baby Bruce! ( fish are friends, not food! )

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
So finally got my camera working again.... him in his new tank and his main tank buddy... I measured him at 10" when I moved him. I'm actually waiting for his nasty side to kick in as I've noticed his belly is getting abit concaved due to I think his tank-mate keeping him away from food :irked:

100_1376.jpg

100_1369.jpg

HarlanAshmore

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2008
Melbourne Ausralia
hes looking excellent awesome thread

tanharold

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
Philippines
I wish mine will grow that big already

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Well that combo worked for a few weeks... MIss Fancy pants had to be moved last night... She decided to attack Bruce and went for his eyes. He's actually doing fine, scratched up abit. But I decided that nasty girl got new digs. at 12" he's still a sally....

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
rofl Hoyo.. I will if something ever comes up and we can't keep him. He's actually grown mor eon me even though originally he was bought for my husband... and my fahaka puffer has grown on him.. lol.

Need to snap some more pics. He's still growing like a crazy weed. wouldn't surprize me if he hits 24" his first year with us. since he's hit 12" in something like 4 monthes with us now?

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Always the nights I can't sleep I manage to snap some nice pics of this guy. Frozen blodoworms go over really well now. will eat 2 cubes in a sitting.. and he ripped apart a nightcrawler the other day. No more feeders fish yay!... though I am contemplateling adding a group of platies or something for color..and if they get eaten they get eaten.

100_1442.jpg

Loves severums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Michigan
MonsterMinis;5082790; said:
Always the nights I can't sleep I manage to snap some nice pics of this guy. Frozen blodoworms go over really well now. will eat 2 cubes in a sitting.. and he ripped apart a nightcrawler the other day. No more feeders fish yay!... though I am contemplateling adding a group of platies or something for color..and if they get eaten they get eaten.
wow he cool how much did u get him for... At my LFS i can get a 2" one for 18.00. :D

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
he was about 20$. took me iir 3 monthes of harassing the LFS here to get one. Seems like everywhere but the middle of WI they are pretty common in stores. But doesn't seem like much info on raising them is around. 'nore growth rates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store