Blue Festae???

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Trace, whose video is that? Lol " she's a meany" sorry not meaning to derail just thought it was funny. I only have a male but I think it just has to do with environment n stress levels etc like you all are saying

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

crash83

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
Houston,Tx
When I had my store I would see blue festae on a few order list but I never ordered any...
Seems like I remember them floating around again a year or so ago .
But never saw them in person.

Stramn

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
Michigan
I will be at the store today to shoot a pic of the book and the fish

Blue Jaguar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
whittier, ca
Put a fancy name on some mutts. Did you get a picture of these Blue Festaes. My LFS guy does not know much about American cichlids. The ones I bought were mislabeled. Here is another picture of one of them. I think they are hybrids. I just picked up some from Ewok and they are smaller and have silver bodies with the red fins right now. I think unless you get F1's you are not going to be sure if they are pure. I think Ewoks were F2's so they should be pure.

nother festae.jpg

Stramn

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
Michigan
Bought one a male just to see. The pair is really washed out so I figured buying the extra male they had was a better buy. The book was called aqualog. Female when in breeding dress has teal/blue bars instead of black, and male is metallic blue green in color

bomillyiam

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
Dat Boot!
No such animal as a blue morph. Some can display a slight shade of blue depending on mood and lighting and the individual fish itself. Some have barring so thick that when in a mood that causes their bars/stripes to turn green to blueish/green, under the right lighting it can make them appear blue.
There is no population of blue festae in Ecuador.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store