Bottom feeder for my 75 gallon.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
i think you will be fine excluding the pleco, why not swap in out for a smaller species? bgk i doubt will hit its claimed max size of 1.6 foot anyway... have a search on here for big bgk's...
I have had the pleco in my 30 tall for about 8 months and moved him to my 75 on Monday because I feel like he would like the space. When I bought him they told me 4" at the LFS i got him from ( I should have researched it better). And I have grown to attached to get rid of him. If that is to much bioload then I will forget the knife fish. Any one have any experience with jaguar cats? I know it's a catfish and I said I would try something else but it's hard to drag a catfish lover away from their favorite type of fish :)

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
And they wont push me over my bioload?
So the stocking will be:
1 Green Severum
1 geophagus red head (not tapajos but they're red heads)
1 Blue Acara or Firemouth (undecided)
6 Giant Danios
1 Striped Raphael Catfish
1 Four Line Pimelodus
1 Sailfin Pleco (for 2 years)
1 BGK (unless it outgrows)

Just need some others to approve of this stocking as well to ensure that its good.

Tank params:
Temp: 76F
ph: 7.6
wc schedule: weekly 30-40%
The BGK will get picked on... Until they are 8"+ they are pushovers and it will be bullied for territory. Trust me. BGK are some of my favorite fish! I have had mine for 4 years! Clown knife will not work because they will hit 15" in the first year. Mine is going on 2 years and is 18 inches. He will eat EVERYTHING in your tank once he reaches 10" or big enough to grab stuff. And when people say they only eat things that fit in their mouth it is not true. Mine grabbed a 6-8 inch oscar and just let it float there then kept grabbing it... It also got a pictus catfishes barb stuck in its mouth. You could maybe do an african brown knife... Mine did not really get pushed around.... Or a senegal bichir.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks furiousfish! That could have been a disaster!
so how about this stocking:
1 green severum
1 red head geo
1 blue acara or firemouth
6 giant danios
1 striped raphael catfish
1 sailfin pleco (2 years)
1 four line pimelodus
1 jaguar catfish

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
perhaps a black knife ghost fish, get to about 12 inches and just dang cool to watch.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Does anyone think the last stocking list I made (post 14) is good. As of now that's what I am planning on going with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store