Bottom feeder for my 75 gallon.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Anybody like the jaguar cat stocking list?
Yes! Jaguar cats look cool! (I have never personally kelt one though...) and the stock list looks good... As with all cichlids you will see aggression here and there but it is bound to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I do not think a sail fin in a 75g going to work long term. they seem to grow slow at first. but then out of now where you have have a 12" fish gong on 18" that festoons poop all over the place. 75g just not big enough for a eating pooping machine of that size, I have 3 of them, ones a rogue that i move around tanks to crop the algae, ones still small and ones 13" plus in the 180.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I do not think a sail fin in a 75g going to work long term. they seem to grow slow at first. but then out of now where you have have a 12" fish gong on 18" that festoons poop all over the place. 75g just not big enough for a eating pooping machine of that size, I have 3 of them, ones a rogue that i move around tanks to crop the algae, ones still small and ones 13" plus in the 180.
Well I already have the sailfin like i said and he is 3" now.
my mom also said she is so attached that she will help me buy whatever size tank he needs whenever he needs to be moved to a bigger tank.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
good to know, I love em myself, but when they get big those long ropes of poopies festooned all over my plants and sponge filters gets annoying, esp when you just got done vacuuming and doing water changes and he swims by with a 14" streamer off his butt that would be worth hundreds of dollars if a gold chain.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Yes! Jaguar cats look cool! (I have never personally kelt one though...) and the stock list looks good... As with all cichlids you will see aggression here and there but it is bound to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Awesome! So this stock is what I have decided on then! Do jaguars need anything special such as a certain kind of hiding spot or food. I will feed it shrimp pellets and algae to mix up its diet as well as frozen bloodworms. I know they are in the wood catfish family and I do have a large piece of driftwood in the tanks but it doesn't have more than 1 hiding spot which my raphael often hides in. I will be getting some more hiding spots when I go to get the last fish, what would be best for one?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
After reading a bunch of different articles on the internet and MFK it seems like jaguars are difficult to keep and can't take the high pH in my tank. What are some other good cats that are similar to jaguars but not as sensitive to water. Also maybe one more active than it :)

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
bumblebee catfish are cool, but dont get the one that gets huge...

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
bumblebee catfish are cool, but dont get the one that gets huge...
which one are you referring to? Here are my thoughts on the three I know of:

South American bb: WAY to small to interest me
asian bb. : already have one in my 30 and to small for my 75
bb jelly. : b@d@$$ and I would LOVE to have one but I think it would go ape $hit and start killing fish like my danios

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store