breathing heavily after water change?

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Do you have chlorinated tap water? Do you treat your tap water in the tank or before adding it?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I pour the prime in just before I add the water. I use aqueon water changer that hooks up to the faucet. I have 7 tanks and have been doing every tank this way every week for over a year and half at this house.

Sent from my LGMS769 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
so its been 6 days and im doing another water change on my tanks. and this time it ended in death. only 45 mins or so after my water change 2 of my geos are lying on their sides dying. and in a separate tank my 9" datnoid is swimming very funny. I don't know what is going on here.

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
I have read through this thread and my first questions are - Have you tested your tap water? If so, what are the results? Do you have domestic water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I have lived in this house for a year and half. Always doing my water changes the same way. From the kitchen faucet. Would it really change all of a sudden?

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
Water sources and municipal treatments can change. You need to test the tap water to get a baseline and eliminate it as the culprit.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Water sources and municipal treatments can change. You need to test the tap water to get a baseline and eliminate it as the culprit.

How do I preform this test

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store