Breeding project- Experimenting with convict varieties

dominicolas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Austin(coolerthanwhereyoulive),Tx
^ Sorry, not the point of this thread... nice fish bigspizz. I've thought about mixing convicts but when I go though it in my head I can't imagine making a better fish than a regular striped convict.

thepitclub

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
mi
fishoverlivingspace;1783786; said:
Please don't take what I said as hard criticism or straight a**hole-ness. I was just makin' sure, and agreeing with what fishfreak17 had to say. Remember a couple days ago, when I was backing you up?;) I totally see where you're coming from with the convicts, as I have a similar soft-spot for discus, and would love to start breeding them in the next few years. I saw that you were willing to pass them along for free, and that's great. Just wanted to let you know that I try not to be one of those guys who has nothing but insults to put into these threads, but everyone can come off as such from time to time. I hope it's cool:D
Yes, very cool, lol. I didn't mean to lump everyone who has replied into the cynical comment, but it just never ceases to amaze me how some folks love to bicker and debate in these forums. I just wanted to talk about breeding convict varieties, lol. :screwy:

OH, and BIGSPIZZ- Nice fish! :D

thepitclub

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
mi
A quick update.

I have small two black cons left from a spawn with a black female and the marble male (the entire spawn was black- no marbles). I kept the two females in case I decided to utilize them later. You can imagine my surprise when I noticed a swarm of fry in there the other day. Turns out that as well as I thought I knew cons, one of them obviously is a male (by themselves in a 15g). I never saw any spawing behavior, and by all appearances they have always hated each other, lol. I expected it to be all black fry due to everything I've been reading now. However, as I examined them closer today it seems that some of them are not going to be black. It's too soon to be able to tell- still very tiny, but some sure look like marbles.

fishbreeder12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2008
Edmonton
No im sorry about this but i can help feel that you saw my form about my con hpr breeding project and that your kinda copying my idea

thepitclub

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
mi
Uh huh. I saw your post and I stole your idea to make millions in exotic cons.... :ROFL:
Your kidding right?

danz

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
Escondido, ca
www.flowerhorncraze.com
Right on bro, Ive dedicated my time now to convict hybrids who knows we could swap fry :p

Currently what I have spawning:
M Cutteri x F SB Pink
M SB Pink x F SB Pink
M Flame Tail x F Flame Tail

Trying to spawn
M Flame Tail x F HRP (mom of male)

fishbreeder12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2008
Edmonton
acoually ya i was kiddin ,and ya me ,you and danz could swap some flame tail con fry

thepitclub

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
mi
If you followed the thread from the beginning, you would see I have not bred any HRP. Somethin' like a crybaby (shhh) had the thread moved here just because I do question if the HRP are a con variation or an entirely different sp.
But that is not what this thread was supposed to be about. This thread is SO in the wrong forum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store