Breeding project- Experimenting with convict varieties

thepitclub

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
mi
Okay, I'm done with my temper tantrum now. :irked:

What exactly is a "Flame Tail"? Is it the offspring of a HRP and a con? If so, pink or black con x HPR?

Does anyone have a platinum con, or know what they were derived from?

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
I have not seen platinum Nigrofasciatus yet. And would not now to date as how to get them.

And sent you a pm on the family and species differences. Should I hope help with the initial concerns.

thepitclub

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
mi
I purchased a "platinum" con at Preuss' in Lansing, MI, a few weeks ago. This is the first and only time I have ever seen or heard them. It looks very similar to a pink con, but it is a bright, shiny white color.

I appreciate the pm. But what I've been trying to get across is that I don't know if I agree with the arguments for, or against, the two being the same species. I do realise they have been scientifically labeled as different. But as we all know, that could change at any given moment. Cichlid species, names and labels are constantly being debated- and changed. I'll just sit back and wait and see.
:naughty:

loureyes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
you are the only person besides me on here who know about platinum convicts

buck_wildest

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Tampa, FL
i would def like to see a flame tail and the platinum. right now i have a few pairs going, hrp with very high blue/turq sheen and marbled pinks. even though i just started with the only male marbled i could find i want to line breed untill i have a marbled with 50%black/50%white in a random order. But it would be really neat to get a marbled con with the colors of a hrp on the fins and.

anyways my 2cents is that this should be in the BREEDING forum... since that is the main topic we are talking about.

i will have some HRP "blue" babys at 1 week old now if anyone wants to trade to get different liniage into the mix.

also it would go alot faster if there were multiple people going after the same goal. someone should start a group just for line breeding convicts!

BIGSPIZZ i will pay 40 for that pair, or if you have fry send them over!!!! those are the nicest cons ive seen. got anymore pics?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store