Carpintis/Texas x Jaguar line breeding ideas?

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
I saw a Texas Jaguar hybrid, and I was wondering what would happen if I line bred a new hybrid. I was thinking a white/gold base with a nice blue for the Jaguar patterns would be good. I was also thinking a taller thicker body that is around the same size of a regular Jag, maybe bit of nuchal hump similar to the rectangular one you see on Dovii would also be a good traits in my opinion. Anyway does anyone have any ideas for what they would want to see in a line bred Texas/Jag hybrid?
To follow up on this I drew a picture, it is not very good and I didn't get the right color or I missed certain traits because I am terrible at drawing so I used a picture of a Jag and just edited it.
sketch-1583699982694.jpg

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Saw a Midas x Jag, Maybe I could mix them to get the taller thicker body with a Nuchal Hump, then cross them with the Texas to get the blue pearls.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Not exactly, Kamfas don't have a lot blue, most don't have the right body shape, and they don't have the Jaguar pattern.
But a Midas would be getting even further from the blue color that you want. Also a fully grown male Midas tends to have a very similar body structure to that of a fully grown male FH. Kamfas tend to be a lil on the boxy end of that but still a very universal body type. Honestly going with your original idea of using a Texas or carpinitus would probably have the best results. This was a pic of a jag x Texas I found of Google and it honestly looks like a awesome fish, it's a lil short but otherwise great looking.

10079_cimg10_1fb0965ee3.jpg

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
By blue, do you mean pearls? Body shape vary among fish but I don't think I clearly understood what you expected.
Not a 100% certain but I'm pretty sure he wanted something along the lines of the pic I posted but with a taller body like a Texas along with the color pattern of a gold/fader jag. Personally I think it would be easiest the use a gold/fader jag for the body color/pattern and breed it with a carpinitus for the pearling and body shape. Granted that's only if I was right about what he was looking for in the end.

Reactions: Cichlids keeper
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store