Ctenopoma in 30 gallon tank?

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
Yeah,they really compliment and go well with dats when they are big enough.
I can't wait until mine grows up. But I won't rush it, I'll take it slow and enjoy seeing him get bigger. I'll also be posting his growth on this thread, I just decided.

Sent from my LGMS500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good.Its always great when you can sit back and just enjoy the fish and its progress as opposed to rushing and hoping it gets some size on it soon.

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
Well, it's day two and he's still alive so that's good lol. What do you guys recommend I try to feed it?

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
I was very fortunate as they started eating NLS growth and NLS discus floating pellets right away. They moved to flake pretty quickly as well. I waited to introduce frozen brine until they were well accustomed to dry food.

O

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
I was very fortunate as they started eating NLS growth and NLS discus floating pellets right away. They moved to flake pretty quickly as well. I waited to introduce frozen brine until they were well accustomed to dry food.

O
Hmmm, mine hasn't eaten yet. (I think) I put in a small earth worm last night however, and looking around this morning, I couldn't find it.

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
Scratch that, he ate this morning and I saw it with my own 2 eyes lol.

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
He took a small earth worm. And he tasted flakes but spat it out. At least he took the worm.

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
I "squee'd" when I saw your pic! They are so cute when they're that small. Glad you'll be posting progress on here :)

I've been lucky with mine and he generally eats anything I put in front of him.
Betta pellets, hikari sinking carnivore, kensfish earthworm pellets, bloodworms, brine shrimp..he used to eat veggie sticks too when I was using them.
I don't think they need that but he would steal them from my pleco. :p

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
Thank you so much!! I'm glad people like this fish. I always say, if you're going to keep fish, keep fish worth keeping. And this one definitely is.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store