DAD SAID YES TO HUGE FISH TANK! Need stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
If you do build this, you can get a bichir, just not a senegal. Try endli or something in that size range.

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
^ word, maybe buy some of liquid lizard's platinum dempseys too :) IDK, that's what I REALLY want so I'd be doing that without a doubt.

Hondacrx2

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2010
Pa
Okay just thought of a better stock
3- oscars
3- jack Dempseys
3-convict
3-sun catfish
2- jaguar cichlids
2- Texas cichlids
6- bristlenose plecos
2- common plecos
2- Senegal bichirs
1- dovii?
Would this stock work at all? Not sure on the dovii as I'm pretty sure I can't even get any near me. Would the cichlids parts work though? Name any faults please? I know it will be an extremely aggressive tank. That's what I want though. :D. Also gonna probably load in like 1000 of my breeding snails. I'm pretty sure the convicts don't stand a chance. I wanted to get Texas and jags to crossbreed. So id maybe just get one of each. Any ideas on stock?

-Andrew
This stock = weak sauce

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

creativityasaweapon

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2011
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
From what I gather, you're not paying the electricity bill and depending on ambient temperature, you'll need something more than 300 watts for heat. I've seen 400 gallon tropical tanks turn into cold water tanks for that exact reason. Give it a shot though! Most of us "adults" won't have the chance to have that size of tank!

Crazyfish88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
BC, Canada
Yup bigger the tank the more money for utilities and more fish. Depending how cold your winters get from where u live and also having a large tank in the basement your definitely looking into 1000++ watts of heaters to heat it and during winters your heaters will be constantly running 24/7 if you don't have enough wattage. My 450g alone runs my energy bill 250-300 bux per month @ 9.7 cents per kw just for 1 tank during the winters. Then you got your water bill from massive water changes. You be looking at a few hundred a month just in utilities. Then you have to make sure your fuse box breaker can handle all the wattage you be running on the monster tank. Most breakers only can handle 20 amps besides the stove and washer/dryer one. So if you run more than 2000 watts you be tripping the breaker all the time. If your dad is paying for the utility bills he will say something for sure. Anyhow GL with your build. Post pics when you do it.

Jimmy16

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
Las vegas
Yup bigger the tank the more money for utilities and more fish. Depending how cold your winters get from where u live and also having a large tank in the basement your definitely looking into 1000++ watts of heaters to heat it and during winters your heaters will be constantly running 24/7 if you don't have enough wattage. My 450g alone runs my energy bill 250-300 bux per month @ 9.7 cents per kw just for 1 tank during the winters. Then you got your water bill from massive water changes. You be looking at a few hundred a month just in utilities. Then you have to make sure your fuse box breaker can handle all the wattage you be running on the monster tank. Most breakers only can handle 20 amps besides the stove and dryer one. So if you run more than 2000 watts you be tripping the breaker all the time. If your dad is paying for the utility bills he will say something for sure. Anyhow GL with your build. Post pics when you do it.
Good points lol

Crazyfish88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
BC, Canada
Yup just letting him know it isn't cheap running a monster tank. My points are just on utilities. Once the OP gets into bigger nicer fish. He will cry due to the cost on feeding them and how much work it is to maintain it. It's easier said then done.

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
Well, my house's temp was in the 50-60 range and I have to use 2 300 watts heater on my 300. Electric bill for the tank stands about 60 bucks a month...Be really mindful of your budget Andrew...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store