Datnoids should have their own CATEGORY!

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
arent there 5 species of Dats?
Indo
Widebar
Thinbar
New Guinea
SIlver

And i only suggested making a Datnoid forum cuz they can reach MONSTER proportions, eat with monster vengeance, and they are one of the top 5 fish species discussed on this site. I kno that there arent hundreds of kinds of dats, but i feel since so many people have them, and have questions about them, have pictures of them, they should have their own catagory. I understand Guppy's point of view, but i feel that was a real wiseass answer.. if so many people wanted a catagory for fish named bob, why hasnt anybody asked... I was just trying to make the forums easier and more logical in my idea. If people want the catagory, whats so bad with setting one up? seemed like a good idea to me..

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
marvinbaker;613087; said:
I agree there's enough forums already but if angels get a forum then dats definitely should!! How many of us here look on this website for angels and discus, they're not monsters! dats should definitely get one if they get one!!

I also agree there's prob not enough species of dat for a forum but there's not many species of peacock bass, angels, or pike cichlids so it's not really a valid reason for not having one

Actuality, the peacock bass is not a member of the bass family at all. It is just one of the some 1,600 plus members of cichlids family.( as you probbably know)
Ok so put the Bass angles and Discus into cichlids where dose it stop the problem is the snakehead forum is on the brink of being dissolved through using it as a leaver for every dispute about sub forums so think long and hard before you start these things because it will be gone as quick as it appeared. I am now going to step back and keep my mouth shut on this.;)

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
stotty;613105; said:
so think long and hard before you start these things because it will be gone as quick as it appeared. I am now going to step back and keep my mouth shut on this.;)
Feel real bad to the bone, threatening people by taking away a fish forum... you are awesome!!! I dont see why expansion is bad... get with it. If you want a website with the best reputation and the best knowledge and the best everything, u have to raise the bar and expand.. just my .02 personally i thought you guys would agree.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
AquataHolic420;613100; said:
arent there 5 species of Dats?
Indo
Widebar
Thinbar
New Guinea
SIlver

And i only suggested making a Datnoid forum cuz they can reach MONSTER proportions, eat with monster vengeance, and they are one of the top 5 fish species discussed on this site. I kno that there arent hundreds of kinds of dats, but i feel since so many people have them, and have questions about them, have pictures of them, they should have their own catagory. I understand Guppy's point of view, but i feel that was a real wiseass answer.. if so many people wanted a catagory for fish named bob, why hasnt anybody asked... I was just trying to make the forums easier and more logical in my idea. If people want the catagory, whats so bad with setting one up? seemed like a good idea to me..

Datnioides pulcher (Wide Bar datnoid),Datnioides microlepis (Indonesian Datnoid),Datnioides undecimradiatus (Thin Bar Datnoid),Datnioides campbelli (New Guinea Datnoid),Datnioides quadrifasciatus (Silver Datnoid).

Yes sorry 5 not a bad guess from the top of my head had to look it up but yes you are spot on now I am going to shut up;)

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
stotty;613128; said:
Datnioides pulcher (Wide Bar datnoid),Datnioides microlepis (Indonesian Datnoid),Datnioides undecimradiatus (Thin Bar Datnoid),Datnioides campbelli (New Guinea Datnoid),Datnioides quadrifasciatus (Silver Datnoid).

Yes sorry 5 not a bad guess from the top of my head had to look it up but yes you are spot on now I am going to shut up;)
Appreciate it...

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
The attitude certainly wont help matters.

I can promise that it will be discussed and considered.

It wont expand anything either. It will actually take away on average.

If you consider all of the posts in "other monster fish" that are about dats, take those and put them in another forum. That leaves "other monster fish" less busy with an additional forum, which decreases the average activity (per forum/sub forum) overall.

If your argument is that most of the posts in "other monster fish" is about dats, then why is it necessary.......can't they easily be found there if that makes up the majority of threads?

Maybe the addition of the snakehead forum was a good thing in the fact that it's easier to sort through.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
AquataHolic420;612789; said:
DOes anybody else think that MFK should expand into a Datnoid catagory? it would seperate the threads a little easier, and it would be nice to see some Datnoid "FAQ" threads. ANyone agree?
Yes, MFK needs a datnoid forum, and spellchecker. LOL

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
YEa your right, a thought for the books, "since there are so many dat posts in the Monster fish forum, you might as well just look in the monster fish forum" LEt me guess, ivy league schooling??? I say if you want to just use the " other monster fish forum" to find a particular species, why not erase all the species of fish and only keep the one, "other monster fish " forum, wouldnt that maximize your web site threads and posts, or whatever horse manure u mentioned to me... Wouldnt it be easier and more efficient to only look in one thread? MAn o man who ever thought a simple Datnoid Catagory would be circumstance for so much criticism and egotistical rambling... Add the Catagory, People love there Dats just as much as other people love there Aro's and they are just as popular... Im POSITIVE 100% POSITIVE that the Datnoid forum will get many more hits then your crappy angelfish forum. And if not, i will make the hits in the datnoid forum myself to spite the situation...ADD IT!:WHOA: :WHOA: :WHOA: :WHOA: :WHOA: :WHOA:

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Your attitude right now will not help your argument. Personally I don't think they need their own subforum. Now as to the angelfish section, you are saying that they should not have their own subforum, as they are one of the top selling fish in the US? I'd say that 90% of all fish keepers have at one point had an angel of some kind. And as to monster attitude, when they are breeding they will kill just about anything, and size, well you obviously haven't seen a full grown TRUE altum angel.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store