Datnoids should have their own CATEGORY!

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
stotty;613020; said:
Ok ok let me say I campaigned hard and long for the snakehead forum the reason being 1 I like them 2 I have had a fare few 3 i like them and 4 i like them :D but most of all there are several species of Channa this made me feel they required there own forum. There are four actual Datnoid species available to the aquarist thus and I know I know you love them and there your thing but it really dose not warrant a whole section to its self. Channas well this is just a few of them.

Channa amphibeus
Channa argus
Channa asiatica
Channa aurantimaculata
Channa bankanensis
Channa baramensis
Channa barca
Channa bleheri
Channa burmanica
Channa cyanospilos
Channa gachua
Channa harcourtbutleri
Channa lucius
Channa maculata
Channa marulioides
Channa marulius
Channa melanopterus
Channa micropeltes
Channa nox
Channa orientalis
Channa panaw
Channa pleurophthalma
Channa punctata
Channa stewartii
Channa striata

They are still finding new ones i bought an unidentified blue form of snakehead imported from Assam in India last week so this is why it had its own forum.

I hope you all don’t hate me but as Neo once said to me where do you draw the line;)

Well said mate theres NO need for a Dat forum IMHO the snakehead forum was a must i thought as stotty has pointed out theres quite a number of different species of snakehead and only the 4 species of dat.

i think MFK has pretty much everything we need now the line should be drawn there IMO :)

bichir addict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Florida
I wonder why all the people who dont own dats or keep dats say theres no need for a Dat forum?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I wonder why some of the people that do say there isnt a need.....

I've had dats and I'm looking for some right now. They're great fish, but there needs to be more than "GIMME GIMME GIMME" for them to get a subforum.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
I definately should have apraoched this differently, ive just been very stressed since its Finals week, sorry i was so crass, and uptight. i thought i had a legit good idea for MFK, turns out.. it wasnt such a good idea.. would just be nice to have a FAQ datnioid forum, and stuff like that. Its obviously not needed, but i thought adding a datnioid forum would do nothing but help.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
cichlaguapote;613711;613711 said:
Dats are cool but make a faq sticky, let everyone leave their input and leave it at that. I'm not saying this because any fish is cooler, saying this because I don't see anything wrong with the setup now.
I sort of like the FAQ sticky idea.

piscavore pisces

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2005
worldwide
yea yea. if dats had their own subforum then all fans of other fish will want one too. what about a wolf fish subforum. there would be way too many subforums.

Sunpoe

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
When you start to add sub-forums it just becomes to cluttered. If it was up to me I would reduce the amount of sub-forums, definitely not add more.

But I do understand the frustration of some of the members that are pushing for their specific forums unfortunately the line has to be drawn somewhere.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I agree that too many forums and subforums add clutter and reduce posts in other forums, but make it easy to find EXACTLY what you are looking for. Aros don't even have their own forum, only a subforum, and they are one of the most talked about fish here. I guess I'm neutral. I wouldn't mind a forum for Dats, but I wouldn't be offended if one never existed. My main forum is NEW POSTS. I love almost all the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store