Datnoids should have their own CATEGORY!

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy,

I see a member who joined last month telling staff what needs to be done. I see another member with an attitude who joined a couple of months before that who wants to add a category but repeatedly cannot spell it correctly. On top of that, he shows very little respect for the opinion of a senior contributor to this site. My advice is: Think before you start something and approach it the right way - as in: not the way you are doing it right now.

This is a funny thread. And since your idea is almost doomed to fail because of your approach, you guys may actually learn something from it for life.
:popcorn:

HarleyK

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
marvinbaker;613087; said:
I agree there's enough forums already but if angels get a forum then dats definitely should!! How many of us here look on this website for angels and discus, they're not monsters! dats should definitely get one if they get one!!

I also agree there's prob not enough species of dat for a forum but there's not many species of peacock bass, angels, or pike cichlids so it's not really a valid reason for not having one
whats wrong with angels and discss mabe i should post some of my angels they are quite larger. but what is monster is it the fish or the keeper. not to mention how many threads on here are about a persons 55 gallon. i keep dats and love them but i dont think they need a forum. it would be nice but as was said when do you draw the line....

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
HarleyK;613362; said:
Howdy,

I see a member who joined last month telling staff what needs to be done. I see another member with an attitude who joined a couple of months before that who wants to add a category but repeatedly cannot spell it correctly. On top of that, he shows very little respect for the opinion of a senior contributor to this site. My advice is: Think before you start something and approach it the right way - as in: not the way you are doing it right now.

This is a funny thread. And since your idea is almost doomed to fail because of your approach, you guys may actually learn something from it for life.
:popcorn:

HarleyK
they wont learn a thing from it..... its kinda sad

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
Whatever i am a relatively new member, but i am active, and i try just as much to help other people that i can like anybody else should. I was just getting defensive about some of the original posts made against my idea of the category. I was merely trying to help out the thread by being more knowledgeable and easy-to-learn. You have to admit it was a good thought to create the category. But i understand you not wanting to create it for said reasons. As far as spelling this is an online forum about fish, buddy i live on a campus and have to write papers all week. This is Finals week right now, i dont use spell check in the threads. You get the gist of everything is the point. DATS RULE

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Dats are cool but make a faq sticky, let everyone leave their input and leave it at that. I'm not saying this because any fish is cooler, saying this because I don't see anything wrong with the setup now.

bichir addict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Florida
Cichlids suck, Dats FTW!!!! i say we get a dat Catagory.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I say no.

It is not needed.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
Steve_89;613983; said:
I say no.

It is not needed.
Nothin on this website is exactly "needed" this is a hobby of keeping fish, this is not a necessity if u wanna think like that. it is not "needed" that there be a forum for lungfish but its there. Obviously a forum for Dats is not "needed".. it doesnt save any lives, it doesnt make you money, it doesnt do anything but make a website easier, and more appealing in MY eyes. Its certainly not "needed" to have a Dat category, but it would be "NICE"

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
AquataHolic420;614163; said:
Nothin on this website is exactly "needed" this is a hobby of keeping fish, this is not a necessity if u wanna think like that. it is not "needed" that there be a forum for lungfish but its there. Obviously a forum for Dats is not "needed".. it doesnt save any lives, it doesnt make you money, it doesnt do anything but make a website easier, and more appealing in MY eyes. Its certainly not "needed" to have a Dat category, but it would be "NICE"
if everyone wanted a subforum that would make the website easier and more appealing in THEIR eyes, then it'll never stop. Although i love my snakeheads there is a snakehead subforum and i feel that it is uneccessary.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store