Disapearing Wrasse

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
the thing with phosphate and nitrate, if there in your source of water there going to keep building up with water changes. Water is constantly changing as it ages. and thats another reason for water changes. Out with the old in with the new sorda thing. Its a good idea to use a phosphate remover of some sort and keep up with water changes to prevent a large increase in nitrate.

Deano1956

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Morris, IL.
my nitrate has not gone up in six months since i converted from fresh to salt, but I do have phosban in the sump but someone said it doesnt work well unless you have a reactor, maybe there is something better out there for removing phosphates.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
reactors are going to be the most efficient way of keeping phosphate out of the system. The best bet for you is to prevent it from being added. Same with nitrate. Getting a source of pure water is going to be a good idea. Thats just me though.

Deano1956

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Morris, IL.
Sweetang, the eels came in today, 2 very nice whitemouths 12" and 16". Seem to be doing good so far after 6hrs. It took 48 hours from Hawaii to get here, hard to believe that they can last that long in route.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
yeah it is. Not good for them but its better then having 10 different pit stops and tanks along the way lol. I wish you the best of luck with them and i hope all turns out. I'm more then interested in pictures as well?? lol

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
aww eels i want a white mouh bad but kinda full with my 2 eels----My SIG

Deano1956

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Morris, IL.
i am going to sell one or two of the eels like the black edge and the 12" white mouth after they are eating well, the 16" white mouth I am keeping. Going to get a camera this weekend so i'll get pics up. Checked all my vitals on my tank and all is well again. Glad that is over.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store