Does Your Wife/Gf/Family Think You're Losing Your Mind With Fishkeeping?

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
My wife is buying me some fish for Valentines Day. I told her I am running out of room so she said "make more room then". That means bringing tanks up from the barn that have`nt been set up in five or six years. So as soon as it warms up a little I`ll be bringing at least to fifties back on line. Can`t wait.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
My wife hates "my stupid fish" but puts up with them.

uploadfromtaptalk1423972810364.jpg

Just an ugly 75g bare bottom tank at the foot of the bed.

Lol.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
My entire family thought I was crazy for getting a 900gal 10" 4" 3" had to wait a couple of years to convince them to let it in the house lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
Feel free to use me as an example for getting a larger tank, nothing would make me prouder to see some guys get upgrades lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
My husband is not interested in fish himself, but he is supportive of my hobby (as in he does not complain about it, and has no problem with me spending time on it) except for if I spend too much money on it, or when we have to move big tanks in or out of our basement. He's not a fan of those aspects. He does like showing off my big tanks when people come to our house though. He is also fine with me building my 700g tank in the basement, because I am using all gift money and money I got by selling some of my other tanks.

poppalina

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Boston
When my wife starts, I just tell her " ok honey I will sell everything and start going to the strip club". I usually get the like hell you will, then I tell her " ok I will sell everything and buy more guns" and then get the same response. She breaks my chops but knows how I feel about my fish, and would give them mouth to gill if she had to. What really p!$$&$ her off is when I talk to my fish, then to really get her going I tell her " well dear it would be rude not to say hi their looking right at me", she usually leaves the room.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I think my husband thinks im nutzo. I went ahead and had a 240 custom glass tank built by our lfs. 84 by 30 by 22 high. 
Just the perfect wife is all😄

My wife will watch my tank with me at times and appreciates my hobby(and the car she got in exchange for my 450) she also enjoys the names I give the fish😃

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
When my wife starts, I just tell her " ok honey I will sell everything and start going to the strip club". I usually get the like hell you will, then I tell her " ok I will sell everything and buy more guns" and then get the same response. She breaks my chops but knows how I feel about my fish, and would give them mouth to gill if she had to. What really p!$$&$ her off is when I talk to my fish, then to really get her going I tell her " well dear it would be rude not to say hi their looking right at me", she usually leaves the room.
I did the strip club tacit, ONCE, got the same reactions��. The gun strategy garnered me a request for full auto ��

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store