Does Your Wife/Gf/Family Think You're Losing Your Mind With Fishkeeping?

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
For our honeymoon we spent a week at my dad's cabin. This included hauling river rocks up the side of the mountain to put in my tanks.��

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I carried two huge bags of rocks along a coastal path for two miles on our family holiday for my tanks they all thought I was crazy :screwy: not quite as bad as on honeymoon though I think that would rock the boat a little too much lol :D
But in general yes my whole family think I may be growing a set of gills as I talk about fish so much and I probably bore them all to death , but you know what I don't care coz I'm fish crazy :screwy::p:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Hahaha see that's what I'm talking about that's real fish crazy right there , bravo I'd never have pulled that one off :thumbup::D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Botiadancer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2015
California
No, she doesn't think I'm losing my mind - she knows I lost it a long time ago for a myriad other reasons!

When my gf and I first met, she wanted me to set up a 60g tank in her apartment.

When we went house shopping, one criteria was whether the house was "fish worthy."

As long as I keep the washer/dryer easily accessible, I can make the entire garage into a fishroom. And keep the tanks in the house.

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
mine likes the beauty of fish tanks but other than that she has no interest in maintaining them or learning anything about them

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
My entire family thinks I'm a weirdo for keeping so many fish. Especially at my age (I'm only 15, very young) where most kids my age do not dabble in this hobby to begin with. Most of my friends also think I'm a little coo coo for spending so much time, effort and money on my hobby too.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
My wife only calls me out of control at our local clubs fund raisers. We are both in this together the problem is at the fund raisers I hate to see new or rare fish by without an attempt to buy them. This starts another issue I like to bid high right off yhe bat to scare off other bidders. This works very well and I usually get what I want. My wife how ever thinks the nickel and dime game works way better and saves money. She often ends up losing her item though because it yhen goes to high. People tend think it will stay cheap and start bidding but forget they have passed their limit.
All in all though we have fun and are now the entertainment part of the event. The auctioneers even know us by name and egg us on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store