EJBD

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
What is the difference from blue gene and ebjd ? Just looked up some older thread about a breeder richard Brice out of ny which is perfect cuz im ny as well anyone do biz with him?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Blue gene is ebjd bred with a normal JD and you get blue gene you can have a normal looking JD with the blue gene still in him . EBJD are literally blue and are pure EBJD

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
sharptoothbass and deuxe sent you guys a pm

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
did you guys use UV sterilizers ? Can anyone recommend a good one

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
[video=youtube;T3LATpLxYb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3LATpLxYb0[/video] went to the lfs today and this was the selection of EBJDs they had to choose from, no weak deformed or skinny fish all heathy eating good and there were some very aggressive ones. This is a fish i like to start with good stock not just buy a fish because its blue.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
[video=youtube;T3LATpLxYb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3LATpLxYb0[/video] went to the lfs today and this was the selection of EBJDs they had to choose from, no weak deformed or skinny fish all heathy eating good and there were some very aggressive ones. This is a fish i like to start with good stock not just buy a fish because its blue.
Sharp thanks for thinking no taking that vid... you just saved me a headache because I wad going to purchase from the closest lfs that had two, which are no where as active as those guys... in order for me to see them the guy had to remove their hiding spot.

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Buy more than one when you go pick them up. I started out with 3 siblings. Two of them died for no reason (my water had/has excellent parameters). I couldn't figure it out. My EBJD now is great! He is eating the largest food pieces and is very aggressive with it. He was also the first to eat out of my hand. Now he's about 4+ years old and is about 6". The only thing is some don't grow very well or very quickly. Depends on the genetics.

Here's some pics of my EBJD name Buddy.
IMAG0034.jpg
IMAG0036.jpg
IMAG0463.jpg

I'll post some more pics of mine when I get to my other computer this evening!

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Sharp thanks for thinking no taking that vid... you just saved me a headache because I wad going to purchase from the closest lfs that had two, which are no where as active as those guys... in order for me to see them the guy had to remove their hiding spot.

Your welcome i walways shoot a vid or 2 when i go to the store. Since we were on the topic i wanted to show what kind of selection we have here.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Buy more than one when you go pick them up. I started out with 3 siblings. Two of them died for no reason (my water had/has excellent parameters). I couldn't figure it out. My EBJD now is great! He is eating the largest food pieces and is very aggressive with it. He was also the first to eat out of my hand. Now he's about 4+ years old and is about 6". The only thing is some don't grow very well or very quickly. Depends on the genetics.

Here's some pics of my EBJD name Buddy.
View attachment 1005370
View attachment 1005368
View attachment 1005369

I'll post some more pics of mine when I get to my other computer this evening!
Your he looks like a she.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Those aren't my most recent pics of my EBJD. The fins on it are longer these days. Those pics were before the streamers really grew

Can you give an example of a male vs female EBJD?
Nixon
he/she is beautiful man thanks for sharing the pics

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store