Electric Blue Acara Fry :)

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Yes the female turned evil almost killed the male had to nurse him back to health lol. That's great what are going to do with all the fry?
Aside from Convicts, all the cichlids I own have a "decent to excellent" market value, so i'm planning on just trading them in to LFS over and over and over for store credit to make the 265g i'm purchasing next year as cheap as possible.

I just had to go take back a pair of Convicts from 2 houses down at my friends' house because his Dad said they were terrorizing everything but they have like ZERO colors to them besides black and white, so i'll be using them and maybe a 2nd pair of Jewels for breeding feederfish, depending on if the market for Jewels stays good like it is atm.

The LFSs love me when I bring in stuff that's hard to find. Everything else that's readily available is basically "a dime a dozen".....some stores give me $$$ for Convicts and some don't cuz people just GIVE them away all the time, so I will be working on the Cichlasomas, Andinoacaras, Parachromis, Herichthys, Herotilapia, etc for now

Reactions: tlindsey and isde02

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Had a itch today about Electric Blue Acara again so called a lfs and asked did they have any in stock. The manager replied yes we have 2 so I was hesitant but did make the stop.
Well didn't want 2 but my last pair were already paired off I know lucky me.
A young lady attending the fish department said we have a couple of small EBA's. I was excited but wanted more than 2. After looking closely I seen 3 😁 they were on sale for $15.98 each so asked the manager could I get them for a cheaper price since they were quite smaller. No dice lol.
I had to take them inside my work place so just put them in a breeder box a few minutes ago. I will have updates on their progress.

Reactions: bkfamus and Matth05

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Well came down to feed fish and to my surprise a baby Electric Blue Acara was swimming with the Black Neons. It must have jumped from a gab on the breeder box.
Look how small it is compared to the neons lol. I was hesitant about leaving it in the aquarium because there's 3 bumblebee catfish in the tank.

20230304_065004.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store