FINALLY A DAT!!!!!

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Here he is hope he colors up after being under stress the ruler was a bit off if it was right on he would be a little over 2 and a quarter inches mabye 2.5

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Already showing his first bar...... Also please can you tell me other names commonly referring to indo datnoids. And just give me pointers to datnoids. Also the growth rate on young Indos. He is in a 20 long for a grow out right now and it's bare bottom is this ok? And also how long should I wait to put him in my 180? Like how long until it starts to be uncomfortable or insufficient in the 20? If it's absolutely necessary I mean absolutely necessary I can possibly buy a 40 gallon as the growout that's only if I really have to though. But as of now the 20 seems fine and soon when need be his home for a while will be a 180 then onto a larger setup in a few years time.

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Cute little guy! I love them at that size.

My IT is more comfortable in a tank that has a substrate. I had him in a bare tank for a couple weeks and he just didn't like it. Mine is stable 99% of the time. Give yours some decorations and gravel and he should become more stable in no time.

Growth rate depends on how well he eats. Mine grew from 1.5" to over 8" in three years. I've heard of faster growth and slower growth. Obviously the larger they get the slower the growth too.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Cute little guy! I love them at that size.

My IT is more comfortable in a tank that has a substrate. I had him in a bare tank for a couple weeks and he just didn't like it. Mine is stable 99% of the time. Give yours some decorations and gravel and he should become more stable in no time.

Growth rate depends on how well he eats. Mine grew from 1.5" to over 8" in three years. I've heard of faster growth and slower growth. Obviously the larger they get the slower the growth too.

Thanks I will be heading to the lfs tomorrow for some natural colored gravel or silica sand I will only add it in if he does not eat within a few days. and I will add in a PVC or a rock maybe. I know he is so awesome can't wait till he is a true monster over 12 inches haha :) then again I like him now with his big ol beady eyes he looks awesome

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
And yes. ..I was just as excited as you are when I finally got mine! They are wonderful wet pets. Mine is super personable and always greets me. He is trained to be finger fed and even lets me pet him. If my hand is in the tank he swims circles around my hand within and inch and sometimes rubs against me. Love him! :D

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Get them on some good pellets for the fastest growth.
Sounds like a great dat Nix is it the one in your av?

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
They are also called IT -- Indo tiger--- Gold dat. I'm not the best with dats but what I have learned so far is they don't like lights seems they like it kinda of dim.Mine are in a planted tank and they are always out and swimming around.Most ppl here will tell you to get them on pellets right away and I agree with them mine have grown fast since we got all of them on pellets.Not sure about how long to keep yours in a small tank mine went right to a 125.We have 5 and in the last 4 weeks they have grown the smallest started out at a inch and now almost 3 inches the biggest started out at 2 inches and now is pushing 4 inches. Hope that helps some

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Some good info... I will offer some Massivore broken up tommorow if he isn't eating for a few days I will have to give in with feeders as I don't want him to die I want to at least beef him up When I asked the lfs to feed him he acted as if he was not offered food in weeks he ate the 5 guppies so quick so I know he will eat that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store