Finally got myself a Datnoid!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Most people do keep them in freshwater and don't bother with brackish but a few experienced keepers on here do advise keeping AT in brackish at some point...I do know that they are probably the most active and outgoing...but the least popular of the dats.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Thanks so much kirchardson, i'll do some more research but apparently 5 inches in a 6-8 months is normal so I have some time haha.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
I just gave my baby indo datnoid some frozen thawed bloodworms, looks like he/she is accepting it so far and not spitting them out, which is a good sign, I was worried that he/she might be really picky.. He/she would only eat the worms if they are moved around from all the water circulation in the tank.. Looks like dats really much rather prefer something that is alive and wiggling.. Of course, all fish adore food that is alive.. Well anyhow, so far, so good. Might let him/her try some tiny pieces of shrimp too soon for some variety in his/her diet. Any ideas on how to identify their sex, guys? I hate having to say "he/she, his/her" all the time :confused: I wouldn't mind if it's a male. By the way, krichardson, how's your little indo dat doing?

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Awesome, David. What species?

Is it a baby right now like mine and Daniel's? We got some datnoid baby boomers going on here :D Datnoids, ftw.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Ooooh.. really nice!! Pretty good price too, not bad. :) Thanks for sharing your pics man.. that is one lovely indo dat you have there in the tank already. ;) I'll be sure to update this thread of mine when my dat gets to around that size.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Thanks, Raj :)

My dat is starting to color up now a bit.. looks like he/she is starting to feel comfortable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store