MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
Coral catfish... hmm they are pretty but they are often hit or miss, some individuals do well, others not. Although, be extremely careful with them, all coral catfish have a venom barb/spine, which could inflict damage. Otherwise they are pretty neat, do well in groups.

And about dwarf angels, I'm not familiar with these, best leaving an answer to someone else, but I know yellow tangs are usually hit and miss, but in a large tank like yours, I don't think they'd be that aggressive.

And last note, congrats on exploring the dark side, you'll be glad you converted.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
anyone else?
i need to know,
HOW MANY FISH DO YOU THINK IN A 180??? (all small to medium size fish)
AND
WILL YELLOW TANG HURT SMALL FISH LIKE CLOWNFISH OR GOBIES OR FIREFISH???

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
and BTW i will set it up CORRECTLY!
I WILL ber getting protein skimmer AND sump... i will also perform often water changes...

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
?

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Ok thank you. Do you guys think live rock is a good thing i REALLY want one of thos tanks that you can be looking at for hours and things just like kinda "APPEAR" out of the rocks ya know what i mean but filling a 180 with live rock is NOT in my budget... Any other types of rocks i could use

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
Yes live rock is vital to a healthy system, if you're concerned about price, buy dry rock/dead live rock, which is a lot cheaper and will become 'live' after a couple months. And what you're saying about looking at a tank for hours, thats a matter of aquascaping, which doesn't necessarily mean that you need piles of live rock. Try using moderate spaces between clumps of rocks, or try overhanging ledges with the rock. Good luck!

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Yes live rock is vital to a healthy system, if you're concerned about price, buy dry rock/dead live rock, which is a lot cheaper and will become 'live' after a couple months. And what you're saying about looking at a tank for hours, thats a matter of aquascaping, which doesn't necessarily mean that you need piles of live rock. Try using moderate spaces between clumps of rocks, or try overhanging ledges with the rock. Good luck!
I have a question, Do you know of any youtube videos or pictures on good aquascaping tutorials??? That would point me in the right direction cause in my freshwater tanks i just can NOT get a good scape in any of them and i really want this to be a "Showpeice" tank...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store