FIRST SALTWATER TANK (ADVICE)

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I would stay away from Clown gobies you would be surprised how tiny those guys are also I would add clowns first, not chromis's( they aren't that hardy) also consider doing only 1 angel, perhaps a large down the road

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Really, almost EVERYBODY I talk to says blue green reef chromis are one of the gardiest fish you will ever find and i do not want to loose 2 13 dollar clowns first if something happens...

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Yes live rock is vital to a healthy system, if you're concerned about price, buy dry rock/dead live rock, which is a lot cheaper and will become 'live' after a couple months. And what you're saying about looking at a tank for hours, thats a matter of aquascaping, which doesn't necessarily mean that you need piles of live rock. Try using moderate spaces between clumps of rocks, or try overhanging ledges with the rock. Good luck!
Yes, i KNOW it is vital and i am planning on getting alot of it... Is there like a type if live rock that is tanish whiteish in color?

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
HEY GUYS, I HAVE DONE SOME FURTHER RESEARCH ON POTENTIAL STOCK AND HERE IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH. I WANT TO GET A GOOD MAJORITY OF FISH ON THIS LIST IF NOT ALL OF THEM (if i can find them lol) BUT TELL ME WHAT ONES ON THIS LIST (if any) ARE BIG NO-NO'S!

5x Blue/Green Reef chromis
1x Auriga OR Raccoon butterflyfish
1x Yellow Tang
2x Spotted Cardinal
2x Ocellaris Clownfish
3x Firefish
1x Scissortail Dartfish
1x Foxface Lo
1x Engineer Goby
1x Papuan Toby Puffer
1x Green Wrasse
1x Bicolor Goat Fish
1x Bicolor Angelfish

THE ONLY THINGS I THINK ARE SOMEWHAT AGGRESSIVE ARE THE YELLOW TANG AND THE BICOLOR ANGELFISH.

OH AND REMEMBER IT IS GOING TO BE A 125-180 GALLON (MOST LIKELY A 180...) WITH A REFUGIUM SUMP AND PROTEIN SKIMMER.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
Alright for aquascaping try this;
http://www.reefsmagazine.com/forum/reefs-magazine/100520-aesthetics-aquascaping.html
OR this if you want to get fancy; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8qUCe4774

And about your stocking list; be careful about the toby puff, they bite fins. I'm not sure that's the best choice. But then again, personality changes via individual.

And remember, when accumulating fish, don't do multiple at a time, accumulate them within a couple weeks, all a couple days apart. That way your biosystem will be able to catch up with the new increased amount of biowaste (poop) made by the new fish.

Have fun

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
I would NOT start with a blue damsel, frankly there a******* and very hard to get out of our tank if you needed to. And not sure what others are talking about, green chromis are very hardy and will do fine as a starter fish. Although I would suggest fish-less cycle, much easier and will probably end up saving you money.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Overstocked unless you like ich and other diseases caused from high nitrate stress - I wouldn't go more than 10 fish over a period of 1-2 years - this ain't FW and 50% weekly water changes are unaffordable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store