Fish Disappearing in Tank. Not Sure of The Culprit

boxingscene

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2014
Las Vegas
Arawana, Goby and the Clownknife are all big boys. I've never see the Arawana chase after anyone, other than feeders and even then there wasnt a heavy effort. The clowknife sometimes gags on large feeders so I doubt it's him. The goby hides out 24/7. I've never actually seen him eat, and that's probably because he's eating his tankmates (or at least those he can fit in his mouth).

boxingscene

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2014
Las Vegas
It's going to be a real pain in the ass to get this Goby out. The tank is four feet deep. He was out for a minute after I put the blue moon lights out but as soon as I tried to net him, he high tailed it back in the rock caves.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I had a similar problem in my Malawi tank on Friday had to take a big pile of rocks out to catch them :banghead: , you might have to get your swimming shorts and snorkel on and wrestle him out lol
Any pics ? ;):)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
[video=youtube;Q-sZXs9KWbM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-sZXs9KWbM&list=UUZVTYwhm6uePwLBSrKzXpwg[/video] If the goby isnt feed good they will eat fish almost as large as they are, and try to eat fish even larger. Missed a couple days of feeding on my old spotted sleeper (water cow) tank and came home to one goby with another goby in its mouth,and one with a catfish in his mouth.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Reactions: twcp
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store