Florida Everglades are under attack

Planetnicolas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2010
USA NJ
o yeah and is your arm better.

haha I told my mom about this and she said they can send me to florida if I want so if im ever down there. ill shoot you a pm on MFK.

synister1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2006
I also think Florida is in great need of help. The Feds should use some of those extra funds they are swinging around to create a full time Task Force.

They could re-home/eliminate the exotics as well as create a fish/food market for a homeless program. A lot of great things could come out of this if the right resources are used correctly.

dirtbikerider

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Louisiana
John if you ever get a program like this going I would like to help. Actually once I graduate from college joining a full time task force like that would be something I would seriously look into. Until then I can rehome some of these exotic fish to fund the efforts, especially the cichla lol

stewsbrew32

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Central,FL
I would love to get a buttikoferi or two... if anyone in south florida would ship them...it would at least get them out of the waterways

Snowflake311

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2010
Lake Tahoe, ca
If they made it a law you could not keep native fish and could only fish and keep the intruduced with no restriction. Take as many and any size. But you can't mess with the native fish. I think over time that would help a lot. Over fishing is something people are good at. I wish I lived there I would catch and sell these fish.

Aisle17AorE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Good value and concerned post. Almost all of these fish are food in their native areas. Also, great fertilizer! You could have quite a business here selectively re-homing the more interesting, colourful, and great conformation ones and the rest? Well, management is the key.
Florida has been talking about this since I've been in school in the sixties. I'm surprised there isn't an environmental movement really large down there focusing on local water issues.
Disneyland could and should be one of your corporate sponsors. After all, they took over a good portion of the swamp for their cash flow needs and could fund the whole project, not to mention the press coverage. If I were based down there I'd talk to Mickey Mouse! (seriously)

Can we start with the human immigrants that are coming tinto our country and out competing us for blue collar jobs and stealing our tax dollars...just kidding...honestly just kidding! That is great, but what do you do to stop them now. I hope not like they've done in the past like kill everything in the area by poisoning and electricution. I think the best thing to do would be breeding programs for the natives to keep their numbers up.

AROWANA_MAN

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2006
Japari Park
twitter.com
I would help out, but I don't live in Florida. You can send some of those invasives to me though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store