Florida Everglades are under attack

Michiba54

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2010
Florida
GhostShrimpMan;4551541; said:
I think we have non-native common plecos in the canals. I freaked when we pulled out a 1+ foot pleco.
I was told by a sod farmer that they spawn in canals an destory them.

szymon328

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
New Jersey
Planetnicolas;4522478; said:
O god if I lived in florida I would be out there every day before doing my home work.
so like 3-6 catching as many invasives as possible in my kayak I would have so much fun doing that. sadly I live in NJ.set up posters down in florida im sure you could whip up a glades task force. you guys could get all the funding you need selling wild cichla oscars and what not to petstores around the country good luck.

just somthing random in NJ I have seen an african cichlid and what I believe to be a a common pleco it was a pleco for sure but im not sure about the species. I freaked when I saw it. cause the lake I fish has tons of streams that stay warm over the winter cause the water is used to cool machines they are warm and clean I feel like we could have some invasive species up here too its less likely tho.
what part of jersey are you from?

just wait till im 18 ill be there to help in the glades

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
Akabir47;4522592; said:
As far as the burmese and rock pythons go I completely understand the concern!We thought the Austrailians had it bad with their babys and dingos...
wow......just wow......:irked:

fhawk362

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2009
Royal palm beach, FL
GhostShrimpMan;4551541; said:
I think we have non-native common plecos in the canals. I freaked when we pulled out a 1+ foot pleco.
Theres plecos everywhere here in florida, I hear they burrow and erode the canals, I havent seen anything serious, I know a local city, wellington, has a few lakes with a carpet like material around them which may be protection from such erosion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store