Food for thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I love Jerry Springer's last thoughts on each of his shows...it makes sense of what craziness and oddity occured on the show.

Also if anyone should ever feel any emotions what so ever after mine or anyone's posts then Please Read My Signature. Please feel free to use it and apply it to life itself as well.

We live life, then we die. In between we try not to step on anybody else's feet. Everything matters and Nothing matters, it means that a person who eats healthy and runs everyday can die of a heart attack today. A smoker can live up to 80 or 90 years old, but all non-smoking friends died from other complications. A fish can be raised on the "healthiest foods" and the water always dechlorinated, and it dies today.

...and after reading my Signature, ask yourself, " How Does it Taste? "
So, diet doesn't matter because you could get hit by a bus walking across the street? Lol.

Odd logic my friend and not exactly a good argument. We can't chose when we die for the most part but we can chose "how" we live. Diet is part of that and it makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
In regards to your threads topic my response is simple "you reap what you sow". It's pretty common sense the better you take care of something whether it be your life, your animals life or your property the better it will look and the longer it will last. If it's beyond you to understand that premise when it's so expressed so very simply, I honestly don't know what anyone can say that would help enlighten you.

There are so many thousands of different threads, and thats what this forum is for, Post what ever you want about fish...and even non-fish topics. Just because no one can or cannot learn anything from anyone's post, shouldnt even matter at all.

I see these posts like shopping, if you dont like it move on...if you sampled something bitter, who told you to try it out?
This ^^^ is one of the most nonsensical posts I've ever seen. You do realize this forum(and most forums for that matter) was/where created with the hopes of people sharing their experiences and passing on their knowledge so as to educate others to help them achieve a goal/s within the forums topic. So whether someone learns or not from a post is of importance seeing as it's the foundation of the forum. I'll say it's sad that you can't see that for yourself and even more of a tragedy that you seem to place little to no value on education or knowledge as is implied by this quote.

Your final point in the post is also ridiculous. You ask who asked us to try it out, well my friend you did. By posting in a public forum it's the equivalent of calling attention to yourself in public and then expressing your opinion, now how is that not you asking for us to "sample" what you have to say, how is it not you asking for our attention? Honestly you make as much sense as those people on Facebook who post their personal problems and then when friends respond they get all defensive and say mind your business. Guess what I was till you threw your business into the streets, that's the same thing your doing by posting in a community based forum so no it is nothing like shopping. In shopping your looking for a product to serve a purpose and don't expect it to communicate with you, while here the community is looking for interaction which includes responses to your "ideas. thoughts" a continuous exchange of knowledge and experiences. If it's beyond you to see that as well I seriously don't know what to tell you.

Now as you've said yourself ask yourself "How does that taste"?

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
My question is, if you are in a situation where you are sharing a room with 8 other people, why are you concerned with pets that you can not take care of properly instead of being more concerned about yourself?

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Since you're posting something on a public forum, you should expect comments. If not, then simply state that you only want replies from people who completely agrees with you.
Lol, you should expect comments from a public forum....yada yada lol, you should at least take the time to read, evaluate, and see that hey, Calihawk thanked everyone who commented and posted. I don't want people to do anything different than what they are already doing....here's an analogy: I am simply putting on a butterfly collar shirt, and corduroy pants, and saying that I don't need name brand clothes to look Hot!

LOL, as I predicted and this is SO true that people will over-react, and think that Im having behavior issues and I despise everyone else's views.

LOL, love the comments/posts guys and gals
Like I've said many times over before, these are merely letters strategically placed to make words...and like characters in a book we create a persona in Our Own Heads. Try this: from here on whenever you read my posts, use Elmo's voice and everything will seem brighter. Lala Lala....Lala Lala.....Elmo's World

I'm glad you shower every day. Had my doubts there for a minute.
I forgot to mention I only shower 50% of my body...otherwise I'd get rid of some good bacterias. :thumbsup:

Odd logic my friend and not exactly a good argument. We can't chose when we die for the most part but we can chose "how" we live. Diet is part of that and it makes a difference.
Hey friend, Elmo doesn't like to make arguments (remember, use Elmo's voice in your head to read my posts and not what what perceive and gathered from this "Social Media" era) Elmo Fwend

If it's beyond you to understand that premise when it's so expressed so very simply, I honestly don't know what anyone can say that would help enlighten you.

This ^^^ is one of the most nonsensical posts I've ever seen. You do realize this forum(and most forums for that matter) was/where created with the hopes of people sharing their experiences and passing on their knowledge so as to educate others

Your final point in the post is also ridiculous. You ask who asked us to try it out, well my friend you did. By posting in a public forum it's the equivalent of calling attention to yourself in public and then expressing your opinion, now how is that not you asking for us to "sample" what you have to say.

Now as you've said yourself ask yourself "How does that taste"?
Aha, it is I who hope to enlighten you. My final point agrees with everything and everyone. What I say cover both the pros/cons, the like/dislikes, the ying/yang...because wether you're Christian or Catholic it doesn't matter.

Like shopping, move on if you dont like the product...you're the person that holds up the aisle looking at all the products. LOL

Sorry it was so bitter to you....It tastes like Pudding and Tang

My question is, if you are in a situation where you are sharing a room with 8 other people, why are you concerned with pets that you can not take care of properly instead of being more concerned about yourself?
Who says that I am concened?

Who says that I cannot take "proper" care of my pets?

Okay remember folks this is for everyone to look within themselves, in Elmo's voice okay, Ask Yourself these Questions:
Do I support homosexuality?
Do I think the Koran is a book of good things?
Why am I democratic? Or Republican?
Can Calihawk smell my breath across the internet?

The correct answer is you are who you are and what you do is your CHOICE *National Anthem playing in back as I type* You my brothers, my sisters, possibly my sons and newphews too, WE together CAN have peace, and we don't mind Calihawk's corduroy pants.

...and NO, brother and sisters, I cannot smell your breath, though I'd imagine that you brush and floss daily anyways.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I'm glad you shower every day. Had my doubts there for a minute.
:ROFL:

You win this thread, my friend. :thumbsup:

Like I've said many times over before, these are merely letters strategically placed to make words...and like characters in a book we create a persona in Our Own Heads. Try this: from here on whenever you read my posts, use Elmo's voice and everything will seem brighter. Lala Lala....Lala Lala.....Elmo's World

Okay remember folks this is for everyone to look within themselves, in Elmo's voice okay, Ask Yourself these Questions:
Do I support homosexuality?
Do I think the Koran is a book of good things?
Why am I democratic? Or Republican?
Can Calihawk smell my breath across the internet?

The correct answer is you are who you are and what you do is your CHOICE *National Anthem playing in back as I type* You my brothers, my sisters, possibly my sons and newphews too, WE together CAN have peace, and we don't mind Calihawk's corduroy pants.

...and NO, brother and sisters, I cannot smell your breath, though I'd imagine that you brush and floss daily anyways.
Can I have some of what you're on? o_O

Normally I'd be happy to debate with someone like you in a thread like this, but I can't even figure out exactly what point you're trying to make in order to form a cogent dissenting opinion. Stop posting all the irrelevant crap and just stick to your point. What does your political stance, homosexuality or your breath have to do with keeping fish? :hitting:

I did get a good laugh out of all of this though.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Man, hate to admit it, but Calihawk has won me over. Its all so clear now. We've all been doing this all wrong. I'm going to stop buying fish food sold by "The Man" and start giving my fish table scraps and clippings from my lawn. Plus, to help with the water bill, I'm gonna wait until the tank is half evaporated before refilling it. Last but not least I'm hitting the local thrifty and pop some tags!

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Aha, it is I who hope to enlighten you. My final point agrees with everything and everyone. What I say cover both the pros/cons, the like/dislikes, the ying/yang...because wether you're Christian or Catholic it doesn't matter.

Like shopping, move on if you dont like the product...you're the person that holds up the aisle looking at all the products. LOL

Sorry it was so bitter to you....It tastes like Pudding and Tang
As I said it was not bitter it but sad to me, it tasted of salt water a taste I have chanced upon many a cheek. You see we're not on a line and education comes from more than one mind and that is what you fail to realize or you fail to realize how your posts reflect such a mind set. Nothing can be gained by a close mind who believes only he contains enlightenment and worthwhile ideas.

Now since I know that what I've wrote will be beyond your grasp, either unintentionally or intentionally I shall use you own poor analogy. If we are on a line and anyone is holding it up, it's probably the guy(you) at the front of the line insisting that bartering is an acceptable form of payment, despite the fact that there are other forms of payment that are already accepted and that you have access too. So I'm pretty sure your the one holding up the line for yourself and others by being narrow minded and purposely obtuse in an attempt to stroke your own ego trying to convince yourself you're so awesomely different and original a real outside the box thinker.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe your fish look amazing as genes play a huge role. You dont know that higher brand food wont make them look better. For example your fish could look 9/10 on dollar store food, but who knows, it may possibly be a 10/10 with higher end brands. It is what matters most to you. And for many people it is worth the extra bucks for high end nutrition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store