Fresh to Salt without changing the water???

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
TheCanuck;4331463; said:
You understand you couldn't even keep them in the pond even if you had enough money and time to filter and stock it? The heat would bake the fish and temps in winter would freeze them. This is so stupid, please big_one just stop, you look like a fool.
Maybe I am a fool then if that's what you think I am. This is your judging upon me. Say as what makes you happy. :D

Amazon_Addict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Rubicon, Wi
This whole thread is very entertaining. Just a few points I would like to point out. You need at least 10X turn over rate for salt water, which means you will need 6700 GPH pump, and that's after head loss. Most if not all sharks need lots of room and very steady parameters. Which means no to an outdoor pond with changing temps, and water quality. Actually all salt water fish are highly sensitive compared to fresh water. And if your 13. and your job is playing Xbox, and taking care of fish I would consider a 10 gal with a damsel. Just to throw this out there for the cost, it cost me around $250 just to setup a 10 gal salt tank the right way. That is not including live stock. I'm not trying to discourage you from attempting salt water, but I would start out smaller if I were you.

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
I have to agree with The Canuck on this one. Please do some research on the matter. Wait until you are at least 18 before you try to go this big, stick with the small stuff until you know exactly what you need for a project of this size. This is just a bad idea. It's going to end with dead sharks, a nasty pool of salt, and a family at least 5 grand poorer.

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Wait how would the heat bake them ? In Cali where In my area it hardly goes over 75-80F and the winter it's like in the 60-70F and the fish am
putting in are coldwater

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Zfishies;4332601; said:
Wait how would the heat bake them ? In Cali where In my area it hardly goes over 75-80F and the winter it's like in the 60-70F and the fish am
putting in are coldwater
what part of Cali is this? I don't believe there's any area in Cali that's this stable. This idea is just insane.. You wanna go big get a 300 gal and see if you can even manage a grow out first. Your mixed clowns haven't even lasted for over 2 months yet and now you're jumping into sharks? Please really think about this because it's not a thirty dollar clownfish investment like your last crazy idea..

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
hey Z if you wanna take the risk go for it man. it your money. i just simply ask that you make sure you have everythin setup properly for at least a month or two before you add such amazing creatures. im not saying you will fail but just incase you do, it would be a shame to take those animals out if this world.
i hope thats what everyones concern is.... (i doubt some people tho)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store