Frontosa Burundi spitting food out?

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
if her throat is bulging and it looks like she is constantly chewing gum then she is still holding:popcorn:

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
if her throat is bulging and it looks like she is constantly chewing gum then she is still holding:popcorn:
It just looks like her mouth is full, gonna try feeding her some clear mosquito larva. My LFS had no brine shrimp, so im gonna have to order them online :) Hopefully shell enjoy the mosquito larva, some of them are still alive.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
She agressively attacked them, long time since i saw her that way :D! However she chewed them and then spit them out, just to attack a new one. She.. just keeps spitting them out. I just dosnt know, why she dosnt swallow them.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I've been feeding alot of red and clear mosquito larvae, and it looks like she eats them, without spitting them out, not 100% tho, their very small so its hard to see.
She dosnt seem to be gaining alot of weight either. Thinking that its maybe internal parasites, and i should treat with Exit again, but im not sure its internal parasites, so im not gonna do it.
Would another picture help?

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I'm feeding alot of mosquito larva. I'm feeding everyday, i normaly feed every other day.
I just cant seem to get her to gain weight, and im pretty sure shes not spitting the clear mosquito larvae out.
Maybe im not feeding enough mosquito larvae, but im pretty sure i am.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store