gar farms ext...

rednhot

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Ca, USA
really does anyone know where to get gar fillets in CA...i'd like to fry that!

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
rednhot;1656772; said:
really does anyone know where to get gar fillets in CA...i'd like to fry that!
since gars are illegal in california, i would imagine it would be somewhat difficult to get them. although the gar farm in mexico does sell gar meat, and it's relatively frequently available in lousiana as well--
--solomon

rednhot

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Ca, USA
just because live gars are illegal in CA, doesn't mean dead gar meat is also...or did you think i meant live gar fillets???

i know alligators are illegal in CA...then along your lines of thinking all people with alligator boots are smuglers...lets get em!!!
---Art

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
behind my iMac.... Southampton UK.
why do u seem to go around making stupid, pompose ironic posts? If you want to be taken seriously and even given help try respecting other members in paticular those whos knowledge and experience far suppresses your own and maybe just try not being quite so rash with your responses.....

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
rednhot;1658337; said:
just because live gars are illegal in CA, doesn't mean dead gar meat is also...or did you think i meant live gar fillets???

i know alligators are illegal in CA...then along your lines of thinking all people with alligator boots are smuglers...lets get em!!!
---Art
you know so much about gar i would suspect that you have a few? outlaws arent viewed very highly on here.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Want Gar meat? Go to your local Walmart and find the cheap frozen foods section. Look for the breaded fish sticks and products called "white Nile" Tilapia.. It is actually Gar farmed (or processed from exported fish) in Taiwan... You can also find this at some Asian grocery stores....

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
Polypterus;1659133; said:
Want Gar meat? Go to your local Walmart and find the cheap frozen foods section. Look for the breaded fish sticks and products called "white Nile" Tilapia.. It is actually Gar farmed (or processed from exported fish) in Taiwan... You can also find this at some Asian grocery stores....
are you serious?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store